IGNORED

1980 280ZX 10 anniversary car, red black

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Were you directing him toward the red/black that Linda Hood used to own?

Nope. I was directing him to one of our local club members who knows these Anniversary editions extremely well and who was ready to answer any questions the OP might have.

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 2

And the individual that he directed me to has been extremely helpful, thanks a ton.  To Marty I should have written the the seller thinks the mileage was around 35K she didn't really know.   As for the interior the divers seat needs to be re stitched and the bolster by entry needs to be died or otherwise worked on.  The the sift nob, and the part that goes around the sift boot needs attention.  After that the interior is pretty mint.     

On 3/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, jfa.series1 said:

PM sent.

20210503_200317.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Is your radio and cassette also still working ? Nice car , i only would get rid of the red interior.. Here we call it a Wh***house interior... oeps.. 🙊

That color interior is one of the most endearing things about cars from the 1980s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Is your radio and cassette also still working ? Nice car , i only would get rid of the red interior.. Here we call it a Wh***house interior... oeps.. 🙊

I just this hour got the keys so now I'm off to buy a battery.  Although red wouldn't be my first choice of interior color I'm surprised by your suggestion to change it out.  The expense would be huge and it would hurt the originality of the car.  

I'll try the radio soon, but I don't think I have any cassette tapes.  

I think mine used to do that. I want to say that you can pull up on one side of it while twisting.

I ended up swapping my lock over to another cap. That was fairly simple. That was because I ran it over though, ha. Now I’m cautious not to over tighten it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose that when I turn the key to the on position the fuel pump turns on?  The gas gauge is stuck at half, and I don't want to pump what ever is left in the tank up the line.  What is the best way to drain the tank?  My guess it that it needs to be removed and refurbished.  Ideas?  Procedure?