IGNORED

Why this forum is unique

Av8ferg

Once you close your mind to the possibility that some of the people you're seeing might be different, better, then you end up treating the ones you want like the ones you don't want.  It's a vicious cycle.  Polarization.

You, for example, could be classified as ex-military with certain views living in a certain state in the southeast.  Therefore, based on your logic, you're just like the guys we're seeing videos of now, storming the Capitol.  Because people with your same profile were there, a known fact.  Some arrested.  Who knows, maybe you were there.  Based on the facts, and your proposed logic, it fits.  Per your own method.  

On the other hand, many of us probably know cops and ex-military and people from certain areas of the country, that would never have participated in that.  Even though they fit the physical profile.

So, in the end, profiling doesn't do anything but give a person a false sense of security, of thinking that they know something that they don't.  Better to put the effort in to learning about each person or group of people you're dealing with, than making an assumption that has high odds of being wrong.

On your original point about forums, I found on the Ford forum I frequent that there are many good people on the forum.  Smart and helpful.  But the A-holes are lurking, waiting to jump in and get their perverse thrills by abusing new members.  Usually it's just a few guys that have banded together in their weakness.  If you just maintain a good attitude the good ones will usually come out to help and the A-holes will fade away.  Many forums are like this, I think.  Trolls are everywhere, it's a disease.

• Like 2

Interestingly enough, I am an admin for the GZC group on Facebook. Someone joined the group to try to sell his 77 2+2. He asked for suggestions on where else he could list it because he was tired of the unhelpful feedback he was receiving from members of other groups. I told him to post the car here since I was pretty sure that adult behavior would rule. 

He listed the car here last night.

He's also free to join and use Zcar.com. I'm the mod there. It helps if he will read the sticky about cars for sale and follow the directions. 

As far as I'm concerned, all the Z-car sites need to play nicely together.

BTW - I moved from Washington state to Texas, and from there to Colorado. Definitely different subcultures, although WA and CO are very similar. TX is a different culture - from the South, modified to the Southwest, and the customs and politics are quite different. I lived in College Station, TX (university town, home of Texas A&M, which is a quasi-military college) and when people moved into town, especially from northern states, I used to ask them "how far back in history have you just moved?"  The average answer was they felt like they had moved back 20 years.  

I met a lot of super people in TX, and built some great friendships. It's a fascinating state with stories and history around every turn. But in the 13 years I lived there, I never felt like I was really "in place" culturally. I am much more comfortable in CO.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

Me too! All my responses were search the the archives. They'd type more crap scolding me than a simple answer to my question. That's what brought me to classiczcars.com and I've been wrapped in with kindness ever since. 

Why waste time typing hateful responses to search myself instead of simply saying the firing order, 153624? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Social media works on people like Wonder Women’s magic rope.

That's quotable.

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I browse the Ford F150 forums and see misfire topics all the time.

Yeah, mine is a Ford, misfires are just part of owning a Ford

4 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Birds of a feather, flock together.

That reminds me of "I'm not racist, I hate all people equally.

When I first got my Z I went to Zcar.com. Found it to be a place full of immature people. Stubbled on CZCC and really have to say that it’s kept me motivated to keep and make this Z great . You all are keeping these old cars alive.
Found the Viper problem. Swapped coil packs.....no change. Didn’t have a Noid light so I decided to just swap injectors and the problem migrated to the #3 cylinder. These injectors are less money than the Z ones. Most of the parts are inexpensive. OEM Spark plugs were $1.28 ea. Coil pack $44 (5 coils per packs per). Replaced the ignition switch and it was $45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wonder Women?  There's more than one?  Sweet.

Ford has its own group-think thing going on.  Their brand loyalty has people spending big money even when they know the model they're buying has major problems.  Pretty incredible.  (No offense).  Not Motorcraft?  It must be crap!  One of the first things I ended up doing after I got mine (used, but looked great and priced right) was to buy a code reader/scanner so I could figure out my Service Engine Soon light that came on within a month.  Then I tore the top off the engine and fixed the known issues that Ford had let drag on until the model was replaced.  It's a nice rig now but they're high upkeep at times.

The Ford forums have have whole separate sub-forums about how to read codes because they pop up so often.