IGNORED

Ebay shipping time machine

It’s ugly for sure, pathetically ugly. I don’t know what the solution is. We have corruption everywhere in government and on both sides and since the government leaders are their own watchdogs in many cases all their actions are driven by either self/party interest or by the desire to destroy to other side. I sleep better at night pretending it doesn’t exist
Maybe I’ll make a run in a few years and dip my feet into the swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Say it ain’t so!

That is actually old news. Dennis Muilenburg was ousted shortly after this story was published. 

Now it is Dave Calhoun, the face of the new Boeing,

Edited by Racer X

45 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

It’s ugly for sure, pathetically ugly. I don’t know what the solution is. We have corruption everywhere in government and on both sides and since the government leaders are their own watchdogs in many cases all their actions are driven by either self/party interest or by the desire to destroy to other side. I sleep better at night pretending it doesn’t exist
Maybe I’ll make a run in a few years and dip my feet into the swamp.

Why would any good moral person want to submit themselves and their family to the political process???

I know of several good people that have gone to Washington to only be frustrated by not being able to effect change and the self dealing gravy train that is Washington DC.

If your fellow party member comes to you for support on their bill and you say ok where do I go to read it?

Read it?!?!? they say

Then you get the rep as not being a team player! No committee appointments, no re-election money. Banished to the coat closet. They literally want you to vote for something because a fellow D or R proposed it. Not because you read it and it sounded like a good idea.

The real kicker is you could throw all 545 out tomorrow and in very short time you would be right back here because of lobbying and the unelected bureaucrat. I know it's a broke system but if you made me king tomorrow I'm not sure I would know how to fix it.

"...this form of government is only suitable for a moral people. It will work with no other..."

Do you really believe DC is filled with moral people??

• Like 2

It’s mostly filled with immoral people but that’s not a reason to give up on our system. We can get positive outcomes out of Washington but the people need to hold them accountable. The media isn’t helping on that front. I’d only go because I’d rather be part of a broken system than sit on the sidelines and complain how the sausage is made. I’d wait until the kids are out of the house and I have nothing else better to do. I’ll work in some capacity until the day I die because the alternative will kill you faster. When I see these clowns we have in Congress I say to myself “wow, we can’t do better than this moron”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

It’s mostly filled with immoral people but that’s not a reason to give up on our system. We can get positive outcomes out of Washington but the people need to hold them accountable. The media isn’t helping on that front. I’d only go because I’d rather be part of a broken system than sit on the sidelines and complain how the sausage is made. I’d wait until the kids are out of the house and I have nothing else better to do. I’ll work in some capacity until the day I die because the alternative will kill you faster. When I see these clowns we have in Congress I say to myself “wow, we can’t do better than this moron”.

I agree. I will stay involved. You just need a huge surge to make a difference a person here or there isn't going to do it

We could start with getting rid or severely modifying the two National Security Acts (Truman, Reagan) that allow Washington to hide all the skulduggery and worse that routinely goes on behind the scenes and eliminate that ridiculous law that states that corporations are the same as a human being. Then we could "follow the money" and get rid of K Street and the lobbyists. No need to try to sort out who needs to go. If we get the corporate money out of Congress, the Narcissists will follow it right out the door.

• Like 4

Once a person gets rich and powerful they just seem to lose connection with the common person.  It seems to happen to even the most conscientious people.  Here's Dr. Deborah Birx using the excuses that every common person is aware of, because they all are experiencing the same thing.  She, for some weird reason, is completely tone-deaf.  She just has the lost the ability to "get it".  Dr. Fauci gets it.  Dr. Birx doesn't.  These same thoughts have been all over the news for the common person for months and months.  She thought she was privileged or that nobody would find out.  Sad to see a supposed professional be so dim-witted, or, maybe, dishonest.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/dr-deborah-birx-to-retire-after-holiday-travel-scandal/

"She also tried to justify her decision to travel to Delaware from Washington with her husband, daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren.

“I think what was done in the past week to my family — you know, they didn’t choose this for me. They’ve tried to be supportive, but to drag my family into this,” Birx trailed off.

“My daughter hasn’t left that house in 10 months, my parents have been isolated for 10 months. They’ve become deeply depressed as I’m sure many elderly have as they’ve not been able to see their sons, their granddaughters,” she said.

“My parents have not been able to see their surviving son for over a year. These are all very difficult things,” she added."

• Like 1