IGNORED

Rubber brake line grommets

jzorzy

I need some engine compartment parts for a restoration, so they should be in top condition. Here is a detailed description of what I need:

3 rubber clamps that wrap around clusters of brake piping on the firewall - one has 4 holes in it, is slightly curved, and mounts on the back-center of the engine compartment, just above the transmission. It holds 3 brake pipes and a fuel line I think. The second rubber clamp has 3 holes for brake piping and mounts just to the left (toward the battery) of the first clamp. I'm not sure about the location of the third clamp (my mechanic disassembled them), but I believe it also has 4 holes. Again, they all hold piping and are themselves held in place by flat steel clamps and screws. See picture of old ones attached.

post-2159-1415079274074_thumb.jpg

If you find a place, let me know! Over the past week or so I've removed all the fuel and hydraulic (brake and clutch) lines, and have very carefully preserved all of those insulators. However, some of them are in so-so shape, and I'd love to replace them. I don't see them in the VB or MSA catalogs, but I haven't called either place yet. I'm more in a "take apart" than "put together" stage so far.

Good luck.

I don't think any of those parts are available from Nissan or MSA, or Vic Brit. Your best bet is to hook up with someone with a parts car. If you can find them in semi reasonable shape, you can treat the rubber pieces with "Back to Black" and they will look marvelous. The metal parts will need re-plating for an OEM look or you can paint them.

Originally posted by MikeW

Google is your friend:

Only if it gives you what you are looking for. Using Back to Black without quotes gave me a bunch of references to the AC/DC song Back in Black, and "Back to Black" gave me many references, within which I must have missed this one.

Thanks for the reference (you too Bambi).

Originally posted by mdbrandy

Only if it gives you what you are looking for. Using Back to Black without quotes gave me a bunch of references to the AC/DC song Back in Black, and "Back to Black" gave me many references, within which I must have missed this one.

Yep, you do have to know how to refine your search. I used

"back to black" rubber

Another great thing about google is the google toobar. Can't work without it:

http://toolbar.google.com/

Originally posted by MikeW

Yep, you do have to know how to refine your search. I used

"back to black" rubber

Another great thing about google is the google toobar. Can't work without it:

http://toolbar.google.com/

I acutally did try "Back to Black" rubber

The capitalization must have made the difference. Without the caps, the first hit is the one you want.

That toolbar is sweet. I didn't know about it. Thanks!