Jump to content

IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection


Recommended Posts

I used to just push the front edge of the hood down after closing it.  There was play/wear/something going on there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can do that with my old GM A-bodies and Chrysler E-body.  Nearly 1-inch up/down play.  But my Z hinges are still very tight!  I guess if I want it better, I'll have to slot the hinge-to-inner-fender mounting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

$67,000.  A few thousand dollars for a fresh clear coat seems like a good investment if you're planning to sell.

The seller showed all of the matching numbers stuff but there was a lot that was not original.  Kind of blows up my "originality pays off" theory.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

$67,000.  A few thousand dollars for a fresh clear coat seems like a good investment if you're planning to sell.

The seller showed all of the matching numbers stuff but there was a lot that was not original.  Kind of blows up my "originality pays off" theory.  

 

I thought it was $54,500? DId I misread it? Still a very respectable car and not nearly as correct as some here...

@Zup

Never mind it must have updated or something. Almost 70k for a "lowly" 73'! Superb!!

Edited by Patcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Almost 70k for a "lowly" 73'! Superb!!

A lowly 73.

Whodathunkit!

 

Edited by Zup
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

Wow - still trying to understand the $31K difference between this 73 - and the Silver 72 - 4 First Place Street Mod Awards, 3 2nd Place Street Mod awards.sold last month.

Sage that you are Carl, I remember many years ago you predicting the rise in Z values. All you pronounced has come true and appears to have more headroom ---not even a pandemic can dampen.

I agree the 72 that Jim Fredrick purchased was an excellent buy at $37K, but think it was cosmically meant to be----the story, history and the reunion of Dan's Zs at Z Mecca. Perfect closure.

But the difference is always about  a particular car, a particular day, a particular set of buyers that just happens as it happens and is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zedhead,

I'm thinking a lot of that shine is from a ceramic coating. A lot more shine than stock but it is "modified" and it is a lot easier to keep clean.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The guy did not take $16,500 for his off-road 280Z.  There's even a Baja type video on the page.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa 5-Speed Sells for $427,000!  

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-porsche-911s-soft-window-targa/

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_1614108897c0f88021bc92fb198A1058-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_16141087493ac0f88021bc198A0835-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_16141084112fbb6cc82e41198A0521-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_1614108226bb6cc82e41198A0365-LowRes-scaled.jpg

Very nice. I've always liked that era for 911's. I have been fortunate to take a couple out on the road course at Pacific Raceways. Once in a street driven 911 Carerra, and once in a similar Carerra that was race prepped and ultimately became a competitor of mine in the ICSCC Production class. Fast cars, handle perfectly, comfortable to drive.

If I was rich I'd have these instead of Zs.

So the itemized refurb cost was $402,622.24, and it sold for $427,000, for a net of $24,377.76.

I guess that guy isn't getting rich building Porsches and selling them on BAT, eh? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Racer X said:

Very nice. I've always liked that era for 911's. I have been fortunate to take a couple out on the road course at Pacific Raceways. Once in a street driven 911 Carerra, and once in a similar Carerra that was race prepped and ultimately became a competitor of mine in the ICSCC Production class. Fast cars, handle perfectly, comfortable to drive.

If I was rich I'd have these instead of Zs.

So the itemized refurb cost was $402,622.24, and it sold for $427,000, for a net of $24,377.76.

I guess that guy isn't getting rich building Porsches and selling them on BAT, eh? 

I agree with you Racer X, that was a great era for the 911's.  As far as the auction is concerned, when you consider all of the time and effort involved in the restoration of this very rare 1967 Soft Window Porsche Targa 911, I agree $24k is peanuts. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

I agree with you Racer X, that was a great era for the 911's.  As far as the auction is concerned, when you consider all of the time and effort involved in the restoration of this very rare 1967 Soft Window Porsche Targa 911, I agree $24k is peanuts. 

You can call me Racer, Steve, ;)

For sure, the quality of the refurb should have commanded a much higher price, especially for a car like this. Considering all the labor involved, and the coordination and management of the build, the guy barely broke even, maybe even lost money.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 11:53 AM, lonetreesteve said:

1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa 5-Speed Sells for $427,000!  

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-porsche-911s-soft-window-targa/

 

Those Porsche people always had too much money.  Especially for a car shaped like a dung beetle...😄

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.