IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

26 minutes ago, Racer X said:

The six in the Camaro was evolved from the six in the pickup. That six cylinder engine was produced in one form or another from 1929 though 1954, then beginning in 1955 became the base engine with the introduction of the 265 cubic inch small block V8.

I think it was basically a miniaturized version of the original.  Wherever it came from they did a poor job on it.  The old heavy one was smooth as silk, the new lightweight one was buzzy and tended to wear out quickly.  If I recall right the old big six was a 235.  Not sure, the internet suggests a 261.

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/mighty-chevrolet-stovebolt-six/

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Racer X said:

The 454 was never offered in a Camaro. The SS396 was the only big block Camaro, in the first generation car. Other engines in the '67 to '69 Camaro were the 230 and 250 cubic inch inline six, the 302, 307, 327 and 350 cubic inch small block engines.  

The 250 cubic inch inline sixwas the base engine for the second generation Camaro beginning in 1970. The small block engines available were the 307 and 350 cubic inch engines. The Camaro SS 396 had the 396 cubic inch V8 starting in 1970 (the 396 cu in actually displaced 402 cubic inches, yet Chevrolet chose to retain the 396 badges) was discontinued after 1972. Two 454 cubic inch engines (the LS6 and LS7) were listed on early specification sheets and in some sales brochures but never made it into production.

By 1973 the federal emissions standards had choked the life out of the Camaro.

In 1980 the inline six was replaced by the 3.8 liter V6 as the base engine.

The third generation Camaro, introduced in 1982 saw the 151 cubic inch 4 cylinder engine as the base model. Other available engines were the 173 and 191 cubic inch V6 engines, and the 305 and 350 cubic inch V8 engines.

The fourth generation Camaro, introduced in 1993, had the 207 and 231 cubic inch V6 engines, and the new generation small block 350 and 346 cubic inch V8 engines. 

The fifth generation Camaro, introduced in 2009, saw a rebirth of the powerful Camaro of the early days. Still having a base model with a 3.6 liter V6, other available engines were the supercharged 5.3 liter V8, and the 6.2 and 7.0 liter normally aspirated V8 engines.

The sixth generation Camaro, introduced in 2016 is available with the 2.0 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, 3.6 liter V6 or the 6.2 liter V8, either normally aspirated or supercharged.

I meant the chevelle not the camaro.

• Like 1

Here’s a guy asking a lot of $$ for modified 280z.   It’s Canadian dollars but still too much money. I don’t like the seats and I’m not a fan of Z’s with LS swaps, somehow the character disappears when you do that.  It’s a good looking car otherwise.  Just because to put 240z badges, lights and bumpers doesn’t mean you can charge 240z prices.  

http://www.280zforsale.com/1978-nut-bolt-240z-resto-in-breslau-on/?utm_source=240ZForSale.com&utm_campaign=a43bddeb0e-Ad+Updates+for+December+29th+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_77be7cc975-a43bddeb0e-202452969

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Here’s a guy asking a lot of $$ for modified 280z.   It’s Canadian dollars but still too much money. I don’t like the seats and I’m not a fan of Z’s with LS swaps, somehow the character disappears when you do that.  It’s a good looking car otherwise.  Just because to put 240z badges, lights and bumpers doesn’t mean you can charge 240z prices.  

http://www.280zforsale.com/1978-nut-bolt-240z-resto-in-breslau-on/?utm_source=240ZForSale.com&utm_campaign=a43bddeb0e-Ad+Updates+for+December+29th+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_77be7cc975-a43bddeb0e-202452969

Even if one doesn't like it, you have to admit the guy did an excellent job. The car looks awesome.

The automatic transmission sucks though. These are sports cars, and sports cars were meant to have manual transmissions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Racer X said:

Even if one doesn't like it, you have to admit the guy did an excellent job. The car looks awesome.

The automatic transmission sucks though. These are sports cars, and sports cars were meant to have manual transmissions.

That's a lot of time and money spent to make a C-5 Corvette.

• Haha 1

What's going on in a guy's brain to decide to put 240Z badges on a 280Z?  Makes no sense at all.  Plus, some of the ad copy makes you wonder, really, about how well-done it might be, logic-wise.  Looks like fun though.  Not sure who would pay that money for it.  Probably get the same thing on BAT for 40.

" - custom made COLD air intake"

Edit - I went back and looked closer at that ad and I can't find a single picture or mention of how he mounted the engine.  Did he use kit parts, or fabricate his own mounts?  It's obviously in there but is it well done?

Edited by Zed Head

Not sure if I shared this one. This is a beauty, I love the color but $43k is too much. Maybe a 280z will demand those prices one day but I don’t think today.

http://www.280zforsale.com/1976-full-restoration-in-munich-by/?utm_source=Datsun+280Z+For+Sale&utm_campaign=20da994cf0-Ad+Updates+for+December+30th+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e7b9317f29-20da994cf0-37577797#google_vignette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

Not sure if I shared this one. This is a beauty, I love the color but $43k is too much. Maybe a 280z will demand those prices one day but I don’t think today.

http://www.280zforsale.com/1976-full-restoration-in-munich-by/?utm_source=Datsun+280Z+For+Sale&utm_campaign=20da994cf0-Ad+Updates+for+December+30th+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e7b9317f29-20da994cf0-37577797#google_vignette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I don't get. The bumper has two tabs in the center for mounting a license plate. So why mount it to the left side?

With all the "100's of hours spent on meticulous details", one would expect more.

Looks stoopit.

1976_munich-by-17.jpg

Edited by Racer X

5 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Actually looks like a pretty nice car.  I wonder how it got to Germany from New Mexico.  They got the years mixed up somehow, showing 1976 and 1977.  It has a tow hook on the front and bad rappy Amadeus style music in the 2nd video, so I'm going to assume it's a youngsters car.  Maybe military?  Remove some of the shiny flashy stuff and it could be nice.

image.png