IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

15 hours ago, Tweeds said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/207830024528348/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A0f775f97-ae3f-4ab3-847a-ae39c33c5061

"Pretty much complete original car" might be an overstatement, but at least he admitted it has rust! Got a kick outta this one!

May be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of car and outdoors

I don't see when this ad was posted.  I know I've seen this one listed for sale before though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The prices are trending up.  That 300K one really screws up the resolution.  I filtered it out.

https://bringatrailer.com/datsun/240z/?q=240z

image.png

I've found it's fun to try and find very similar 240's (same year, condition, and, ideally, colour as well) and look at their trends in relation to one another over the past few years, then to compare those to another z. Like, how's a '71 price been going compared to a '72 - both in good, but not excellent condition? 

15 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Looks like a good solid base

The shifter looks weird though

It's one of the most rust-free cars you'll find outside of the southwest US, but the frame rails have been beaten up completely from idiots using them as jacking points. 

The funny thing is that I set the valve lash, changed the oil and balanced the carburetors before the seller bought the car. And I got advice on setting the carbs at high RPM from the person the seller hired to set the valve lash, change the oil and balance the carburetors. The only thing he didn't mention is setting the dwell, which I did as well. LOL

• Like 1