IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

Like a brand new car at 12k miles

The first time I saw that 300ZX design I was blown away. It’s a beautiful car without question, but a serious departure from the previous Z designs (maybe too far). It seems Nissan got a little lost. What was once an affordable car for the masses became a car that only few could afford back then. They lost the spirit of what made the Z amazing. A simple, well engineered , beautiful car that had enough performance to wow the population. They tried to make later model of the car too plush, too many bells and whistles and lost track of what made the car great. This car to me share little it any DNA to the original S30 design spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

The first time I saw that 300ZX design I was blown away.

The same here!  I don't think they wanted to create something like a follow up of the s30 series.. they did that with the s130 then came the Z31 with a total new design and the z32 (300zxtt) was the following car with all the extra. It became indeed a expensive car. i remember walking into a showroom and see one for 80000 guilders (about 30000 dollar at the time i think..) for a four year old car with 80000 km on it (50kmiles) thought i never gonna afford one.. but in 2007 i bought a TT and i drive it this year for the 15th summer!  Not a single hair on my head regrets buying this beaute... I bought it with 61000km and has now 86800km. there are VERY few cars that look this good..

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, Av8ferg said:

The first time I saw that 300ZX design I was blown away. It’s a beautiful car without question, but a serious departure from the previous Z designs (maybe too far). It seems Nissan got a little lost. What was once an affordable car for the masses became a car that only few could afford back then. They lost the spirit of what made the Z amazing. A simple, well engineered , beautiful car that had enough performance to wow the population. They tried to make later model of the car too plush, too many bells and whistles and lost track of what made the car great. This car to me share little it any DNA to the original S30 design spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to know why the Z32 looks the way it does, the best thing to do is go to a ZCON where Toshio Yamashita (aka Yamasan) is presenting his story of the design. If you saw the competing designs, you might say that Nissan picked well. Anyway, Nissan did have a more affordable sports car (sports coupe) at the time. The 240SX/Sylvia slotted in well to the old 240Z role except for the lack of an engine in the North American market to keep up. Of course, with the strong Yen at the time, it was about impossible to have a sports car built in Japan that was "affordable".

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...