IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

14 hours ago, Zed Head said:

This is the number in question.  It's not the numbers as much as the obvious grinding marks.  

image.png

I saw that and the first thing I thought was someone is faking a numbers matching car.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The seller commented this morning.  Said he didn't notice.  He has sold quite a few Z's, I counted seven back to 2019, and he highlighted the engine number stamp on all of them.  He probably has staff that do his internet sales stuff though.  

Somebody did something shady in California years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zpenman said:

There's an orange '71 now on ebay, very original condition and only 15k miles. Why do suppose they would have no reserve?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324721775605?hash=item4b9aed13f5%3Ag%3APRUAAOSw1-Jg9zYr&LH_ItemCondition=3000|1000|2500

The seller is probably looking to take advantage of the hype. Supposedly only 15K miles. Car has been sitting for 34 years, and has the "California rust" on the hatch sill. It might be a good restoration candidate.

4 hours ago, Zpenman said:

There's an orange '71 now on ebay, very original condition and only 15k miles. Why do suppose they would have no reserve?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324721775605?hash=item4b9aed13f5:g:PRUAAOSw1-Jg9zYr

Perhaps he's so confident that he will get good money for it that he's thrown caution to the wind, if the word gets out about its potential he will get a good price. It could be an extraordinary car with some work.

That looks like a true "survivor" car.

I noticed the shoulder straps. Are that how they go? I've still got those in a box that came from the original owner. I figured out that they bolt to the hole above the quarter panel windows, but other than that I haven't yet gotten the whole picture. 

3 hours ago, SteveJ said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324721775605?hash=item4b9aed13f5%3Ag%3APRUAAOSw1-Jg9zYr&LH_ItemCondition=3000|1000|2500

The seller is probably looking to take advantage of the hype. Supposedly only 15K miles. Car has been sitting for 34 years, and has the "California rust" on the hatch sill. It might be a good restoration candidate.

Actual Mileage is very important - if it isn’t completely overshadowed by Condition.  in this case 15K original miles is almost meaningless as it relates the market value of the car. The condition of the car says 115K and I think he has a $24K to $28K example at the best. It is certainly a driver or a restorable example. 

The only thing I see that is really exceptional is the condition of the floorboards/frame rails. 
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Carl Beck said:
Actual Mileage is very important - if it isn’t completely overshadowed by Condition.  in this case 15K original miles is almost meaningless as it relates the market value of the car. The condition of the car says 115K and I think he has a $24K to $28K example at the best. It is certainly a driver or a restorable example. 

The only thing I see that is really exceptional is the condition of the floorboards/frame rails. 

The radio appears to be the original Hitachi AM, too. It's pretty rare to see a console lid on a car anymore, either.

The green Z with the sketchy number pad grinding is up today.  You can't bust through the facade over there.  The Z promoters are guarding the perception gates.  The latest on the stamping is that a Nissan service department did it on a new replacement engine in the past at a customer's request.  Looks like a used engine to me, but that harshes the Z buzz and is not allowed.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-170/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-07-21

Question for Carl Beck - have you ever seen or heard of a Nissan service department grinding numbers off of a block and replacing them with fake numbers to match the cars ID plate?  @Carl Beck

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The green Z with the sketchy number pad grinding is up today.  You can't bust through the facade over there.  The Z promoters are guarding the perception gates. 

Which posts are yours then?