IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

5 hours ago, zeeboost said:

Odd that even though it appears to be a 240, bumpers, parking lights, under the hood it looks like a 280, fuel but injection, relays, etc. on the fenderwells, and the taillights are all 280.

05.jpg?wtrmk10nw

Someone has mixed two Z cars, and then rust happened. I've been given better condition Z cars than this one. They would have to pay me to haul this one away for them.

• Like 1

The only things I see that are 240 are the bumpers and the steering wheel, The car looks like a 75. Center console, door pulls, dash heater controls, etc.

Too bad they don't show the vin plate. The door jam plate is in one pic but not clear enough to read.

The 260z they are selling looks a whole lot better and is on $7K

Yeah, everything about that car says 280 except for the bumpers and the steering wheel. Engine compartment, dash, door panels, rear panel, shift knob, voltmeter... Everything. Does the VIN work out to a 72?

And regardless.... Are you friken' kidding me? They ought to be embarrassed to drag that across their floor for the pics. It must have left a pile of parts behind when they drug it back out!
rusty.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, everything about that car says 280 except for the bumpers and the steering wheel. Engine compartment, dash, door panels, rear panel, shift knob, voltmeter... Everything. Does the VIN work out to a 72?

And regardless.... Are you friken' kidding me? They ought to be embarrassed to drag that across their floor for the pics. It must have left a pile of parts behind when they drug it back out!
rusty.jpg

Aren't the top of the rear strut towers taller and flat on the 280Zs to mount the retractors for the seat belts? The pictures look like they are open. Also, the rear quarter panels have the relief for the 240 bumpers, rather than the smooth quarters of the 280.

It certainly is of questionable pedigree.

• Like 1

1970 Datsun 240z 6/70 build date - $55,000 (Los Angeles)

The seller states that the car has its original paint except for being spot-painted on the passenger door and quarter panel.

Here's the link: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/los-angeles-1970-datsun-240z-70-build/7241511335.html

Build date 6/70, Arizona clean title. This is a very honest and early Z. Has all the correct and original early Z parts such as the vented rotors, hood, headlight sugar scoops, 2400 valve cover, early 4 screw carbs, all the smog emissions stuff, original AM radio, steering wheel, and original metal emblems. Did i mention the car has most of its original paint besides being spot painted on the right side door and quarter panel. Since I’ve owned it i have gone through the car and upgraded some things such as the brakes, the suspension, i installed a 5 speed, rebuilt the drive shaft w new u joints, rebuilt the axles w new u joints, lsd rear differential, powder coated front and rear arms with new bushings. Brand new front and rear wheel bearings w played hubs and stub axles. The car is currently sitting on brand new 15x8 watanabe wheels w r888 tires. All of the original suspension parts for the front and rear are included as well as the original 4 speed trans and stock differential. Car still has its original header and exhaust from front to back. You are looking at a car that has been very well preserved and can be enjoyed as is or you can restore it. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. 

01313_hbdsqCb4NPC_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00909_gKlJhJ5LgkA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00z0z_d1Gz99W1ORX_0CI0t1_600x450.jpg

00H0H_2lO7GrHQ47L_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg