IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

8 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Twenty six grand is a lot of money for a rustbecket.

Surface rust?  I was thinking the same but if you look most of it is really not too deep.  I didn't see any holes.  Kind of looks like somebody drove it over some salty snow then parked it in a dry garage.

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Surface rust?  I was thinking the same but if you look most of it is really not too deep.  I didn't see any holes.  Kind of looks like somebody drove it over some salty snow then parked it in a dry garage.

I thought that too, still, it looks like a considerable amount of the underside of the car is rusty. 

The suspension, subframes, crossmember, stabilizer bar and mounts, springs are all quite corroded.

Some pictures show the overlap of the stiffeners, like where the front crossmember mounts. Looks like it is rusted under the stiffener, and has a pretty good start at eating away the underlying metal.

The buyer is going to have a lot of work to do if they want the car to survive. And that will cost a lot of money.

49 minutes ago, zeeboost said:

Beverly Hills doesn't have the cachet that it used to.

The car is race ready though, excess weight stripped, and with the special racing left only alignment on the rear wheel..  And it has the desirable non-EGR intake manifold.  And a DieHard battery.  p.s. They have other Z's in their showroom.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Haha 2

Looks like originality has value.  The silver 72 might have been over-modded, maybe.  $21,500.  But reserve was met.  Seems in better shape than the orange one, easily.  Maybe the louvers and the silver paint dropped the price by about $5000.  Warning for any future sellers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-151/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-12-03

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

8 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I don't think they're going to get $9K that blue 240

11820_p16_l.jpg

The gauges are adjustable for better race viewing.  I see exposed gauges as becoming a thing in the future.

The glove box door survived, which is nice.

• Haha 1