IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

48 minutes ago, Carl Beck said:

LOL - Isn't it the truth !!  The US Federal Emissions standards gave all automobile manufacturers fits, ever changing through the 70's.. enough is never enough for a Federal Bureaucracy. Now I'm looking for another L6 - looks like it will be a Mercedes E450 or E53. (maybe Nissan can copy that one for the next Z). 

I am blessed by having three vehicles with some of the very best inline 6 engines ever designed - my 1983 280ZX, (thanks, Mercedes) and both a 2008 and 2009 BMW 3-series with their wonderful straight six engines.

And they're all fuel injected, which is cool with me. 

It's interesting that we're still dissecting the flat top problems more than 40 years later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadsun said:

On the Datsun grey discussion, so the front grill should be the same grey as the hubcaps and rear plate?

Mine has been painted black, just like the rear plate. 

Mine was painted black with the dealer installed spoilers. I went back to grey. There's still black overspray under the tag though. 

Screenshot_20210409-181856_Gallery.jpg

Edited by siteunseen

7 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I am blessed by having three vehicles with some of the very best inline 6 engines ever designed - my 1983 280ZX, (thanks, Mercedes) and both a 2008 and 2009 BMW 3-series with their wonderful straight six engines.

My only play car I've had before this Z was a 2006 BMW 330ci convertible. Man, that thing was fun to drive. It was just impractical for that phase of family life. ...So then somehow I decided to get a 240z. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Dadsun said:

My only play car I've had before this Z was a 2006 BMW 330ci convertible. Man, that thing was fun to drive. It was just impractical for that phase of family life. ...So then somehow I decided to get a 240z. 🙂

Manual or auto?

12 hours ago, Dadsun said:

19 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I understand the dilemma guys so I set about to solve the problem :ph34r:

DSC00262.JPG

DSC00253.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Modified green 73.  Stroked 3.1 but not sharing the name of the builder.  Typical youtube video with bad music, but he does start it and drive it.  Can't tell if he pumped the pedal or not.  Do Webers have accel pumps?  Loafers with white socks...eeeewwww.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-155/

image.png

28 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Modified green 73.  Stroked 3.1 but not sharing the name of the builder. 

Looks like the guy built it himself.

And he is pretty brave (or lazy) swinging the engine over the side without removing the hood.

1616709248050ef8f975ca901d1IMG_1433.jpg?

28 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Loafers with white socks...eeeewwww.

Preppie, or geezer.