IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

I'm going to guess that the Tonneau cover was the owner's idea, and they can't see how it really looks.  Wonder what it sounds like.

No offense intended if you're a member here.  But it has to be noisy.  And leak in the rain. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

Sunday might be the best day to end an auction.  $42,240 for a 72 that's nice but doesn't seem that nice, plus it has a sunroof (no offense to the buyer. Or the seller).  Green is a good color though.  The seller apparently had a reserve set higher than the final, but took it off.  Must have been close.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-171/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

And another silver car.  Crusty 71 4 speed.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-171/

image.png

Interesting, a couple things I noticed on this car. I'd never seen a series I car with both body and hatch vents. I think the hatch vents went away at serial number 20000, so this car is close to the end of the series I  line of cars. My 71 is 17486 and it still has the 240Z body emblems where the body vents were placed in the series II cars. Also my map light has the hood which supposedly is a series II thing where this car doesn't have the hood on the map light.

The super silver is selling today.  Doing pretty well.  $36,000 and a bidding battle in progress.

Edit - didn't sell.  That's what happens when you modify.  The value is personal.  Maybe not objective.

image.png

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-153/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

7 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Interesting, a couple things I noticed on this car. I'd never seen a series I car with both body and hatch vents. I think the hatch vents went away at serial number 20000, so this car is close to the end of the series I  line of cars. My 71 is 17486 and it still has the 240Z body emblems where the body vents were placed in the series II cars. Also my map light has the hood which supposedly is a series II thing where this car doesn't have the hood on the map light.

It is also possible that a previous owner may have replaced the hatch at some point in the past 50 years (the paint job is not original).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, texasz said:

It is also possible that a previous owner may have replaced the hatch at some point in the past 50 years (the paint job is not original).

That's what I was thinking.

Or that the quarter panels were replaced. It is in Illinois . . . . . .

Interesting they show the engine number on the original invoice , the plate in the strut tower, but not the pad on the engine block with the engine number.

Edited by Racer X

15 hours ago, texasz said:

From the serial number of the car it should have the body vents in the hatch. I'd be more inclined to go with @Racer X and the quarters replaced.

• Like 1