IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Ready for guilt-free abuse.

Haha.. Yeah.. abuse...  I tell you a secret.. i ABUSE my 240z  much more then any other car..  (It's probably because it needs a 3th restauration anyway!) 

(Also because my 280 and 300zx are almost like new and costed me much much more... Blood sweat and teers and bucks! haha) 

Btw.. nasty color that 280zx brrrrr....

Wow, it's awesome to see how many good looking Z's are on BAT.  Also feel free to promote our club to the potential winner in the comments section of BAT.  Would love to see these guys come to our site to help preserve and maintain their cars.  I've already seen a few, so this is exciting!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The name is Silver...SilverFinger.  Somebody likes silver.  Check out the rocker/valve/cam cover.  It's different.  Arizona.  @cgsheen1 ?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-153/

That engine bay just looks blaa, plain, boring, nothing pops.  That shaved valve cover only adds to this feeling.

Low VIN 240Z for Sale near Honolulu, Hawaii (HLS30-01661, Build date 1/70) Here's link:  https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/pearl-city-package-deal-datsun-240z-and/7292986099.html

Seller's comments: "I have a 1970 240Z and 1975 280Z for sale. The 240Z is a project car with rust issues and I’m using the 280Z for cutting out sheet metal to repair the 240Z. That’s the short story, it would be easier to explain on the phone how I ended up with these two Z’s. Both Z’s are stripped down and included in the sale will be parts I have accumulated, bought or removed from the cars. If you are interested, we can setup a time to come look at the Z’s and see what I’m offering. Z’s are rising in price and the 70 240Z, being a Series I, makes it more valuable. Click on this link to see a 1973 240Z for sale locally, for $39,995, https://www.autosourcehawaii.com/inventory/view/13933907/ 
Getting the 240Z to an operable state will require work on your part but if you enjoy that kind of work and have the skills this may be a rewarding task. Also, both Z’s cannot be driven so towing is required."

00707_5h3gvxT10juz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_cpwMoxcu6elz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

01717_emnbO62Y5DIz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_jgTpMdONjqVz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

01212_bgkDqeipyibz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

33 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Low VIN 240Z for Sale near Honolulu, Hawaii (HLS30-01661, Build date 1/70) Here's link:  https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/pearl-city-package-deal-datsun-240z-and/7292986099.html

Seller's comments: "I have a 1970 240Z and 1975 280Z for sale. The 240Z is a project car with rust issues and I’m using the 280Z for cutting out sheet metal to repair the 240Z. That’s the short story, it would be easier to explain on the phone how I ended up with these two Z’s. Both Z’s are stripped down and included in the sale will be parts I have accumulated, bought or removed from the cars. If you are interested, we can setup a time to come look at the Z’s and see what I’m offering. Z’s are rising in price and the 70 240Z, being a Series I, makes it more valuable. Click on this link to see a 1973 240Z for sale locally, for $39,995, https://www.autosourcehawaii.com/inventory/view/13933907/ 
Getting the 240Z to an operable state will require work on your part but if you enjoy that kind of work and have the skills this may be a rewarding task. Also, both Z’s cannot be driven so towing is required."

$12k for that in Hawaii is a deal...for them to ship a Z from the mainland is not cheap.  And that 240Z does not look that bad from the pictures provided (I'm sure it's worse that it looks, they usually are).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasz said:

$12k for that in Hawaii is a deal...for them to ship a Z from the mainland is not cheap.  And that 240Z does not look that bad from the pictures provided (I'm sure it's worse that it looks, they usually are).

I looked over the pictures pretty closely as well and I agree with you, Allan - It doesn't look too bad. Also, it looks like the car's original color is 919 Sunshine Yellow, which is a great '70 -'71 240Z color!  Not sure what the cost would be to ship the car from Honolulu to the West Coast, but low VIN 240Zs are very much in demand these days. 

00N0N_dUzq4PVBElCz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg