IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

19 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

If you are a scammer, I WILL know it & I WILL play you, until you send me a fake check! Come on, let's PLAY!!

00s0s_kUqL4Ew43jaz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I don't know, the guy seems scary.  Look at that shoe.

p.s. people still use checks?

Edited by Zed Head
  • Haha 1

77 with a collection of things to think about.  Nice paint, looks straight, converted to 240Z front bumper, rear bumper removed, carbs replace EFI, stretched tires, and automatic transmission.  But, it still has the rear suspension bolt head shield.  No driving video, sellers just aren't learning.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-datsun-280z-51/

image.png

On 2/1/2021 at 6:54 PM, Racer X said:

Pretty car. The blue is nice. The bottom is rough, but the rust isn't too bad, something that could be deferred for a year or two. It looks like there has been some reinforcing done along the forward frame rails, where the suspension and stabilizer bar mount.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-151/

The seller seems to be down playing the rust in this area. Here is a quote from the seller:

"@Glenn240, I really appreciate your information!! I learned something new. I crawled under the car and measure the front sway bar and it measured it at 1.95cm or say ~3/4″ sway bar. I am not sure why the L-bracket was mounted. The areas fore/after have aged and have a little surface rust, but nothing structural. It appears to me that it has been there for a long long time as the area has all equally aged. I took photos and can submit if you wish."

Here are a couple of snippets from the sellers pics.

1973_datsun_240z_16094422572af6be4529760IMG_9865-scaled.jpg

1609374480be4529760IMG_9774-scaled.jpg

The car does look nice from the top.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

The seller seems to be down playing the rust in this area. Here is a quote from the seller:

"@Glenn240, I really appreciate your information!! I learned something new. I crawled under the car and measure the front sway bar and it measured it at 1.95cm or say ~3/4″ sway bar. I am not sure why the L-bracket was mounted. The areas fore/after have aged and have a little surface rust, but nothing structural. It appears to me that it has been there for a long long time as the area has all equally aged. I took photos and can submit if you wish."

Here are a couple of snippets from the sellers pics.

1973_datsun_240z_16094422572af6be4529760IMG_9865-scaled.jpg

1609374480be4529760IMG_9774-scaled.jpg

The car does look nice from the top.

'L-bracket'.  I like that.  So much more elegant than, 'cheap-and-dirty fix-up with a piece of hardware store angle iron'.

• Like 2

I spotted this on the Austin, Texas Craigslist: 

1971 Datsun 240z Series 1 - $12,000 (Austin), Here's the link: 

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-1971-datsun-240z-series/7268954185.html

Currently listed on ebay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Datsun-Z-Series/193863325108
Bidding Ends Sunday Night
I am selling my 1971 Datsun 240z Series 1. It is running and driving car that has recently had quite a few things fixed to get to this point. The owner before me installed the coil-overs and exhaust. The owner before him repainted it and is estimated done around the early 2000s. It's not the factory orange color as it is a bit brighter. I have fixed numerous belts, hoses, and other odds and ends. The most recent repair involved replacing the transmission(got stuck in reverse) while backing it out to fix the rear wheel cylinders that were leaking. The transmission got replaced with a mid 70's 240z 4-speed. Their are a few specific parts like the transmission and brake components that changed after the series 1 so using later 240z parts is much easier/cheaper. I learned the previous owner's exhaust didn't clear the transmission so it had to be cut and banded after the swap. There is a slight leak now which I believe is coming from one of the flanges where it meets the head. This header does has individual flanges for each port which I've heard can lead to this. During the transmission swap, the fuel pump, fuel filter, and master brake cylinder were all replaced. The brakes are still a bit weak which I believe means it must also need a brake booster. I also had a starter relay kit from California Datsun installed during this time.I originally bought this car as a project car and to eventually ls-swap it. This is the purpose of the frame rails and some other parts. I have a 98 ls1/6-speed and mounts from John's Z-car which aren't included in this auction but will be available for purchase first to the winner of this auction. I originally didn't have a proper garage to work on this and then I started my family and I couldn't rationalize spending anymore time or money on it. It hasn't been driven much in the 8 years of owning it so it's really time to pass it on to someone who can fix it up and enjoy it like it deserves.You'll see pictures of quite a few parts. The front and rear frame rails are from bad dog parts and cost $440 before tax and shipping. The dash has no cracks in it and the center piece. These alone can fetch $600+ online without the vents and gauges. The center sections for the a/c controls is also in great shape. This car had all of the A/C stuff removed when I bought it but all parts that I have are still listed in the pictures. It also includes headlight covers that were stuck on and never drilled into the buckets. A gasket and strut for the rear hatch (doesn't stay up on it's own now). The previous owner also rigged a headlight switch as they are very prone to breaking in these cars. There is an extra in the parts but uncertain if it is operational. Some of the other parts are an energy suspension polyurethane busings for the mustache bar and transmission (forgot I had it during swap), ignition switch, ignition(w/mount and spare keys), headlight, hatch box for 2 6x9s, carb kit, center light, a/c knob, fuse box cover, u-joint, center caps, old wheels/tires(not pictured). The mileage is what the odometer currently reads as it hasn't rolled since I've owned it but uncertain if and how many times it might have.

00w0w_8XgvKJbErWbz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_jECtcgHA1Lyz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_iYJwDKavh2az_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_kZyM8UZhkuz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg