IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

2 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Agree, but I can do without the bars on top of the rear bumper!

I wasn't exactly sure what was meant by over-riders.  Never have really understood the purpose of them on a Z, I could see having them on a Bronco or Blazer to tie down the canoe on the roof.  I guess they might protect the Z body from a Bronco or Blazer bumper though...

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I wasn't exactly sure what was meant by over-riders.  Never have really understood the purpose of them on a Z, I could see having them on a Bronco or Blazer to tie down the canoe on the roof.  I guess they might protect the Z body from a Bronco or Blazer bumper though...

They are meant to deflect the bumper of another vehicle, keeping it from “overriding” the bumper and damaging the bodywork.

But since these cars don’t have heavy frames like the American land yachts of the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, it doesn’t matter, the frame structure crumples no matter how it gets hit.