IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

35 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

The '2 by 2' name was used extensively by Nissan in its sales and advertising for the cars. No '2+2' / 'Two plus Two' in the Japanese market. Export markets only.

AH!! Again thank you!  Maybe someone could make a thread special on this subject.. all the different s30 and s130 chassis "designations" it is called i believe? ( My english is not THAT good hahaha...)  

12 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

AH!! Again thank you!  Maybe someone could make a thread special on this subject.. all the different s30 and s130 chassis "designations" it is called i believe? ( My english is not THAT good hahaha...)  

Most of it has already been covered on this forum over the years. The Japanese market S130-series model designations list in post #18 of this thread was originally posted some years ago on classiczcars when the same type of question arose, so the information is 'out there' already.

If there is a 'problem' it is - in my opinion - more of a lack of imagination than anything else. Look at the comments on that Bring-a-Trailer S130-series Fairlady 280Z auction. For some people the idea that a '280Z' isn't just *one* thing appears to be akin to witchcraft. People appear to know that these cars were all made in Japan, but have little to no awareness what that meant for the Japanese market itself. 

The other end of the spectrum, called a 1970 but looks like an early 71 hard to say. Only $3500.00         In Lynnwood WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/lynnwood/7229913576.html

1970 240Z ALL ORIGINAL, un molested, numbers matching. Car has been sitting for 25 years. Currently does not run, turns over and was running when parked. Car is 100% complete. Needs driver and passenger floor pans. Needs work but car is not to far gone. Has new battery, plugs and wires. Radiator has been flushed. Comes with a box of extra parts. Too much detail to list, serious inquires only!

240-1.jpg

240-2.jpg

240-5.jpg

240-3.jpg

240-4.jpg

Edited by Terrapin Z
fixed the pictures

14 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

The other end of the spectrum, called a 1970 but looks like an early 71 hard to say. Only $3500.00         In Lynnwood WA

It doesn't look too bad.  Actually looks like it probably looked good when it was parked.

I wonder if it has a title.  Lost titles aren't easy in Washington state.  Somebody better buy it before some good samaritan tells him about BAT. @Mike

Edited by Zed Head

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

It doesn't look too bad.  Actually looks like it probably looked good when it was parked.

I wonder if it has a title.  Lost titles aren't easy in Washington state.  Somebody better buy it before some good samaritan tells him about BAT. @Mike

The ad does say clean title. 

10 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

The ad does say clean title. 

I see now.  I looked for the VIN over there and the title info in the text.  Kind of looks like somebody is just selling an old car, not a 240Z.  Good for the buyer.  I'd take bets that the ad goes down and comes back up with a different price and more info about the car.