IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

On 1/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, Zed Head said:

Clean blue first year ZX.  Looks in awesome shape.  Almost makes me want to switch.

I read Something nice said in the reactions on the page of the blue twotone 280zx,

It sayd: 

"It was a nice counterpoint to my father’s ’78 280z and like Road and Track once said if you like the 280z you will probably love the 280zx." 

Last year i ended my 280zx restore and i drive my 280zx now.. the 240z sits in the garage, waiting for it's 50th birthday .. haha.. (Next feb.)

Edited by dutchzcarguy

14 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Not bad for the ZX, thought it might get in to the 20's but it didn't.  $17,050.

image.png

I have a 79 ZX, bought it for $200 about 20 years ago. It needed a heater control valve, and the guy who owned it asked me if I could fix it. He asked how much for the valve, and at the time they were running around $250. He asked what I would need for the labor. I looked up the book time, and then told him $200.

He said, for $200 you can have the car.

It just so happened that I had a brand new valve, bought to fix somebody else’s ZX, and they flaked out on me, so I gave the guy $200, took the car home, fixed it, and drove it for about ten years.

Of course it isn’t as nice as this one, and will likely contribute running gear to one of my S30s, and I’ll part out the rest.

This is how it looks today:

1CFE0B02-1CCE-4C57-BF94-22704330FF23.jpeg

Edited by Racer X

2 hours ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

Any plans for those bumpers?  My chrome ones are pretty rough and I don't really like chrome.

Z2.jpg

They are available. I plan on cleaning things up this spring when the weather gets better. Not sure what the condition is, the car has sat in that spot for 16 years, along with 7 S30 Zs.

Is the rubber something that can be restored?

I plan on posting a thread when I get them out, with pictures and details of them all. I am afraid the time spent outside hasn’t been kind to them, and at least one of the S30 cars got damaged some when I moved them there. It doesn’t have running gear or front suspension, and I picked it up with the back blade on my tractor, so the front got a little munched.