IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

3 hours ago, Racer X said:

Another question. Are the bumpers the stainless steel ones from the guys in Vietnam?

No, they're the chrome ones from Vietnam. Bought them from futofab.com on a Black Fiday sale 5 years ago? and they look great. I highly recommend those and futofab. But he's on the right coast so shipping was a lot less for me. There's others that sale them, zcardepot.com right off the top of my head. Those stainless ones are from the Harrington group I think. They're a good bit more costly too. I also bought new brake light combo buckets from futofab. Love those too. They have the orange lens on bottom, European spec I believe but they look mighty good on my orange car. Check out...

https://www.futofab.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=67

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lonetreesteve said:

Check out this 1971 Series I Monte Carlo Red 240Z Project with new floor pans, etc. on the Flagler Beach, Florida Craigslist. Seller is asking $15k: 

https://daytona.craigslist.org/for/d/flagler-beach-datsun/7255292403.html

Comes with 7 crates of "stuff" AND ECT ECT.  Looks like it will be quite a while before the price starts climbing.

1971 gen 1 240z ready for paint. cut out all rust new pans, fenders, hood, new dog legs, rocker, hatch sill ECT ECT.

Got all parts to put interior back. Plus 2 sets of wheels extra doors, fender, seats, 7 crates of stuff.

To many projects. Price will go up as I near completion. Choose your color now

• Haha 2

Oh i think it's more of a 106.500 miles car.. (The letters on the stick are completly gone.. not after 6500 miles)

It's a good looking car.. the only trouble i have with those zx two seaters is i don't fit in there..  the seats in a 2+2 are much deeper. in a two seater i'm hitting the roof!  (i'm 1.93 mtr.... what is it... 6 foot 5?)

This plate has only one rivet!!   (My 280zx 2+2 which is a euro version never had those plates in the door-opening..  No euro 280zx had that plate aparently!

16046085257d7e1db618c316c2bDatsun280ZX_6

10 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Oh i think it's more of a 106.500 miles car.. (The letters on the stick are completly gone.. not after 6500 miles)

It's a good looking car.. the only trouble i have with those zx two seaters is i don't fit in there..  the seats in a 2+2 are much deeper. in a two seater i'm hitting the roof!  (i'm 1.93 mtr.... what is it... 6 foot 5?)

This plate has only one rivet!!   (My 280zx 2+2 which is a euro version never had those plates in the door-opening..  No euro 280zx had that plate aparently!

16046085257d7e1db618c316c2bDatsun280ZX_6

Good eye, but it might be a ZX thing.  Here's another one.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-datsun-280zx-16/

image.png

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

it might be a ZX thing

Oh i'm sure it's a zx thing to work with only 1 rivet.  It's glued on.. but nissan thought that's not enough, so to take it off you need a drill. (if you want it intact)

But my point was that i never see these ID plates in euro version (Z & ?) - ZX's, they only have the chassisnr under the hood and there is the only one because it's NOT on the dash either!

Edited by dutchzcarguy