IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

22 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

It did pretty well.  $37,00

Wow,  $37,000, for a "vintage" racecar with no vintage racing history.

My 71 Z has been a ICSCC and SCCA production based club racer since 1979, and has logbooks (2), to establish racing history. When I first got the car in 1989, SOVREN said I couldn't run it in their vintage events, as it had no vintage racing history.

Those vintage guys must have lowered their standards.

Oh, and my welds look much better, and lots of coffee has been consumed over the years during late night thrashes to get it ready to race.

But John Coffey never touched it, and probably didn't even know it exists.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, texasz said:

I just rafted part of that river in WV this past July!  It was amazing!!  😄

Definitely an interesting part of the country.  Pretty sure I heard banjo music.  There are/were coking ovens you could see on the hillsides on the way down the river. 

I was an intern at a chemical plant for a summer and some of the local guys showed me what people did for fun in the Valley.  Pretty cool.  Wasn't really prepared for the Bud Light at 6 am though.

Edited by Zed Head

7 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Definitely an interesting part of the country.  Pretty sure I heard banjo music.  There are/were coking ovens you could see on the hillsides on the way down the river. 

I was an intern at a chemical plant for a summer and some of the local guys showed me what people did for fun in the Valley.  Pretty cool.  Wasn't really prepared for the Bud Light at 6 am though.

Its 5 o'clock somewhere!

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 3:01 AM, bartsscooterservice said:

Don't know what's going on but prices on muscle cars are going up insane to.

Camaro and Chevelle's ss 454 almost not for the common man anymore.

The 454 was never offered in a Camaro. The SS396 was the only big block Camaro, in the first generation car. Other engines in the '67 to '69 Camaro were the 230 and 250 cubic inch inline six, the 302, 307, 327 and 350 cubic inch small block engines.  

The 250 cubic inch inline sixwas the base engine for the second generation Camaro beginning in 1970. The small block engines available were the 307 and 350 cubic inch engines. The Camaro SS 396 had the 396 cubic inch V8 starting in 1970 (the 396 cu in actually displaced 402 cubic inches, yet Chevrolet chose to retain the 396 badges) was discontinued after 1972. Two 454 cubic inch engines (the LS6 and LS7) were listed on early specification sheets and in some sales brochures but never made it into production.

By 1973 the federal emissions standards had choked the life out of the Camaro.

In 1980 the inline six was replaced by the 3.8 liter V6 as the base engine.

The third generation Camaro, introduced in 1982 saw the 151 cubic inch 4 cylinder engine as the base model. Other available engines were the 173 and 191 cubic inch V6 engines, and the 305 and 350 cubic inch V8 engines.

The fourth generation Camaro, introduced in 1993, had the 207 and 231 cubic inch V6 engines, and the new generation small block 350 and 346 cubic inch V8 engines. 

The fifth generation Camaro, introduced in 2009, saw a rebirth of the powerful Camaro of the early days. Still having a base model with a 3.6 liter V6, other available engines were the supercharged 5.3 liter V8, and the 6.2 and 7.0 liter normally aspirated V8 engines.

The sixth generation Camaro, introduced in 2016 is available with the 2.0 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, 3.6 liter V6 or the 6.2 liter V8, either normally aspirated or supercharged.

• Like 1

I had a 67 Camaro for a while.  I thought it had a 250 straight six but maybe it was a 230.   I think it had a 3 speed manual.  It was actually a fun little car, kind of like a Z, with the small engine.  I'd had several muscle cars before I got it, GTO's and Dodge Dart Sports, and a 63 Bonneville (muscle in a big body).

The straight six was kind of neat because you could work on the lifters through a plate in the side of the block.  I had a bad lifter but couldn't get it out of the bore.  Eventually traded the car for a Vega and a 55 Chevy pickup truck.  The 55 had the old big straight six, which was actually a super smooth running engine.  Better than the later model straight six, I think.  Good times...

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Camaro/1967-Chevrolet-Camaro.pdf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The 55 had the old big straight six, which was actually a super smooth running engine.  Better than the later model straight six, I think.  Good times...

The six in the Camaro was evolved from the six in the pickup. That six cylinder engine was produced in one form or another from 1929 though 1954, then beginning in 1955 became the base engine with the introduction of the 265 cubic inch small block V8.