IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

Don't know what's going on but prices on muscle cars are going up insane to.
Camara and Chevelle's ss 545 almost not for the common man anymore.

I agree but I also think we’re starting to see inflation hit all sectors of our economy and I don’t see it slowing anytime soon. Think about the cost of everything from milk to lumber it’s on this rise. This is one of the consequences of expanding the money supply (QE, quantitative easing) and low interest rates. We are on a dangerous path with 27 Trillion debt, and a contracting economy under Covid. We cannot stay on this trajectory for too long before we break the system. New car prices are insane (I just bought one so I can speak from experience), classic cars are places people see where that can possibly protect your $$. Putting it in the bank is stupid because interest rates are less than inflation so you lose money putting in a savings account, precious metals are through the roof, stocks really high and real estate approaching and surpassing in some markets 2008 over valuations. So it makes sense that classic cars will see a commensurate increase. Things are not getting more expensive, your dollar is worth much less today than even a year ago. Hold on for the wild ride....I see white water ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I agree but I also think we’re starting to see inflation hit all sectors of our economy and I don’t see it slowing anytime soon. Think about the cost of everything from milk to lumber it’s on this rise. This is one of the consequences of expanding the money supply (QE, quantitative easing) and low interest rates. We are on a dangerous path with 27 Trillion debt, and a contracting economy under Covid. We cannot stay on this trajectory for too long before we break the system. New car prices are insane (I just bought one so I can speak from experience), classic cars are places people see where that can possibly protect your $$. Putting it in the bank is stupid because interest rates are less than inflation so you lose money putting in a savings account, precious metals are through the roof, stocks really high and real estate approaching and surpassing in some markets 2008 over valuations. So it makes sense that classic cars will see a commensurate increase. Things are not getting more expensive, your dollar is worth much less today than even a year ago. Hold on for the wild ride....I see white water ahead.

Yeah I agree with that. Massive inflation going on

Most people don’t understand money, inflation and how debt ties it to the whole system.
Inflation is an expansion of the money supply. When you have more of a currency chasing the same amount of goods and services prices go up. Inflation is expanding the money the consequence is a rise in prices. When you take a loan you essentially “create” money and when you pay off a loan money is destroyed. This is because we have a debt based economy. Our dollar isn’t backed by gold anymore, that ended in 1971 under Nixon when Europe was repatriating its gold it gave to US during WW2.
Our dollar is back by 3 things. The military, oil and debt. We export most of our inflation by purchasing foreign goods from a dollar we print at will. The US and Saudi Arabia made a deal to tie the dollar to oil and thus created the petrodollar. Oil is benchmarked against the dollar. We provide military hardware and defense to Saudi as part of the deal. When Ghadaffi tried to create a gold back currency in 2010 with other African oil producers ....we destroyed him. That was a direct threat to the dollar. When you borrow money and have to repay with interest that money (interest) has to come from somewhere. It doesn’t magically appear in a system with a finite currency. Think of it this way. If you have 3 people on an island and $1,000 total dollars for loan at one bank and the bank changes 10% interested and each person borrows $333.33 and the end of the term each person owes the bank $33 in interest....so where does that come from if there is only $1000 on the island? It’s created by inflating the money. The fed is the real bad guy in all this. They get rich at the expense of the country and the people . The fed is a private institution run by the worlds biggest banks. JP Morgan etc.. “He who controls the money supply of a Nation controls the Nation” ; James Garfield . Andrew Jackson had an assignation attempt again him for opposing a federal reserve and many speculate the JFK was assassinated because he wanted to abolish the Fed. Our central bank (the Fed) was signed into law while most of congress was away from DC on the Christmas break (23 Dec 1913). This was intentional. This changed America forever. Two month later the US federal government began taxing citizens income . These are tied together. The fed gets rich by stealing the value of your labor by constantly inflating the money you work for. This drives up prices and and forces people into lower living standards. The bottom line is we are approached the end game.

14dd1571d9dc9fbf780273878f23f2ea.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The race car is coming up in about 5 hours.  

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-143/

An interesting recreated vintage C production race car. Since no logbook is mentioned, or shown, one can only assume the car does not have racing history beyond the guy who built it.

Still, not too bad looking of a car.

I do question the ad copy though.

Stopping power is provided by Nissan-branded Outlaw 2800 four-piston calipers fitted over 11” ventilated rotors up front along with Wilwood Dynalite two-piston calipers with 10” ventilated rotors out back.

For sure the front brakes are as described.

But the rear brakes are solid rotors, not ventilated.

1601496660dff9f98764da020E8721-1727-449B

1973_datsun_240z_1604091452d22f3b9a525DF

And the adjustable camber struts must be a bitch to adjust and set.

1973_datsun_240z_1604091403d819e9fa9fdeb

Also note the welds on the "14 point cage" look a bit sketchy to me. The tubing attached to the front strut towers looks amateurish. The ad copy doesn't mention the frame rail reinforcement and extension, but there are a few pictures, again with very poor looking welds.

Looks like bubble gum wadded up and stuck to the car.

1973_datsun_240z_1604091472bc2ec7d819e9f

1973_datsun_240z_1604091468819e9fa9fdeb2

And I guess bump steer spacers aren't available anymore, eh? Oh well, a bit of tubing should work.

1973_datsun_240z_16040914989fa9fdeb2e8B5

• Like 1