IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

The front end looks off, painted or something? Didn't read the car facts but I think it's been hit.

I saw that too.  What's that smell?  Blood in the water?

Has some other janky stuff going on.  Still, overall, not bad.  Maybe $20,000?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

The seller sure listed a lot of information on this Z. The engine number is next to impossible to read, even after blowing it up, etc. Can anyone read this?  The engine number should be in the L24-102xxx to L24-106xxx range for a 5/72 build. See picture below: 

*READ THE END OF THE AD*
1972 Datsun 240Z S30 Coupe
Early Build Date 5/72
Serial Number: HLS30-84055
Miles: 86,845
Engine and Powertrain: L24 6 Cylinder (Casting P30 2509D), 1982 280ZX 5 Speed Manual Transmission (Close Ratio), E88 Intake and Head, Twin SU Hitachi HJG46W Carburetors
Color: No. 918 Mexican Orange Exterior, Black Interior
Purchased from:
Gordon Thompson Chevrolet Inc. 2600 Phillips Hwy Jacksonville Fl. 32207
Date: January 30, 1973
New
Miles: 9
Ownership:
The Original Owner purchased this 240Z New on January 30, 1972 with 9 Miles on the (47 years).
I am the second owner of this Solid Classic since December 2019.
Dealer Installed Options:

Air Conditioner: Frigiking Converted to R134a

Hatch Louver
Spoiler
Sport Mirrors
Features:
Original-Paint and Metal, Most of the Interior, Hitachi KM-1520 ZC AM/FM Stereo, Power Antenna, Fiber Glass Headlamp Bezels, Koito Headlight on Passenger Side, Kumho Solus TA11 195/70R14 (91T) Tires mounted on Enkei 14” X 7” Aluminum Wheels
Documents:
Original Owners S30 Series, Consumer Information, Hitachi AM/FM Stereo, Manuals, Division of Florida Delivery Vehicle Safety Inspection January 30 1972, Registration Cards, Insurance Cards etc. An Open South Carolina Title and BOS available to Document and Transfer Ownership.
General description:
Chassis, Floor Pans, Shock Towers, Body Rust Free with the exception of slight corrosion at the bottom of both fenders and the bottom of the driver side dogleg. Paint is original however it has not been kept in a time capsule without blemish. When I purchased the car it had not been driven for several years and although a complete car, being 47 years old needed to be refurbished mechanically. All systems have been serviced restoring the original dependability and performance of an original 240Z. There are too many things to list that I have done with this car to include in this ad, but to give a general idea: The hatch jamb is the only area with new original paint # 918. The jamb sill and rubber was replaced. Under the hood the Head Gasket, Front and Rear Main Seals, Hoses, Belts, Fittings replaced as necessary to maintain functional and dependable use as a daily driver. All systems inspected and serviced. Parts replaced as necessary to ensure cosmetic and mechanical integrity of this classic car. Everything is original with the exception of the Ceramic Coated Headers, Aluminum Radiator. The original radiator, transmission and carpet are included. The original owner replaced the seat inserts and recovered the door panels. A complete description, list of parts replaced and paint thickness measurements are available to the future owner. This car functions, handles and runs extremely well as expected of a 240Z.
***I will not answer, “Is it available?” or email. If the ad is posted, it is available. It will be removed once sold. If you would like more pictures you need to provide a valid email address.
***Please call or send your phone number for me to call you if want to know a more account of my Z.

00L0L_f29YGCR1SGjz_0CI0pS_600x450.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

The seller sure listed a lot of information on this Z. The engine number is next to impossible to read, even after blowing it up, etc. Can anyone read this?  The engine number should be in the L24-102xxx to L24-106xxx range for a 5/72 build. See picture below: 

Engine and Powertrain: L24 6 Cylinder (Casting P30 2509D),

An Open South Carolina Title and BOS available to Document and Transfer Ownership.

The engine number should be on the plate in the engine bay.  It seems to be there, wonder why he didn't take a picture.

Does "open" mean clear?

image.png

image.png

I would take an open title to mean he has the title signed by somebody else and he has never registered it. Bought it and is flipping it with out registering it?

That can be problematic. My state requires you to title a car within 90 days of purchase. I bought my Z with a open title and it was a small nightmare getting an NC title. All I had a was a open California title that was over 15 yrs old. I had to purchase an indemnity bond and then have the vehicle inspected by a local police detective. They wouldn’t inspect it unless it ran so I was under the gun to get it running. Hadn’t run since 1998. Made it happen because of help from the wizards on this forum. She’s finally mine, much to my wife’s disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, Zed Head said:

Don't know what's going on but prices on muscle cars are going up insane to.

Camaro and Chevelle's ss 454 almost not for the common man anymore.

Edited by bartsscooterservice
spelling check

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

I would take an open title to mean he has the title signed by somebody else and he has never registered it. Bought it and is flipping it with out registering it?

I actually know the car and owner. I'm surprised he is listing with an open title. He has owned that car for close to a year. I could have sworn he had Georgia plates on it when I saw the car at his house. I know he has flipped boats in the past. 

As for the setting for the photos, he's a realtor, so he knows good locations for the photos.

The hatch is sketchy from the rust around the bolt holes for the spoilers.