IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

I still just see a 76 that had a 240 bumper and grill conversion. Note that there are NO turn signals on the front. Nothing in the lower corners, and nothing in the grill. The original turn signals perished with the original grill, and the guy doing the conversion didn't spring for 240/260 style down on the corners because the parts are hard to find and expensive.

The rest of the front looks like straight-up 280 with the original bumper stuff removed and 240 bumpers installed. The 280 comes with the recesses in the lower panels just like in the pics. Drill out the spot welded valance pieces and you've got room for the 240 bumper.

As for the rear quarters... I can't tell from the pics if there are really indents in the sides for the bumpers. And even if there are recesses there, I can't be sure if they were intentional or not. In other words, even if there are recesses there, they may be better called "dents" than "reliefs".  Haha!!

Racer X, and yes... One of the things that is a solid "280 tell" for me is the rear strut towers. The hips are higher on the 280's and so are the cut-out notches in the interior trims. And this car has the high-hipped strut towers.

39 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

So what the heck eats off all the rubber and fabric like that?

I'm thinking that this car came from Piedmont, AZ near the site of a satellite crash or something??   @Dave WM

The dash, interior trim and upholstery look to have fallen victim to a large rodent. The rest has a bad case of metal worm.

Edited by Racer X

Datsun 240z wall or yard art - $500 (Southbay)

Seller is located in Gardena, CA. Looks like the parts are from a pretty solid 240Z. Once this is finished, it would be a very large piece of wall art!  Here's the CL link: 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/gardena-datsun-240z-wall-or-yard-art/7242306370.html

00i0i_3VdENzVUIsb_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

5 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Seller is located in Gardena, CA. Looks like the parts are from a pretty solid 240Z. Once this is finished, it would be a very large piece of wall art!  Here's the CL link: 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/gardena-datsun-240z-wall-or-yard-art/7242306370.html

Sweet.

I think.

1 hour ago, lonetreesteve said:

Hey @Diseazd, now you can have a whole side of a Z hanging on your garage wall !!  😉

• Like 2

The seller states the following:

Drivers side of a datsun 240z for a man cave.
This is a full size car.
Was going to hang it on the wall.
Has been gutted to lighten it.
Includes slotted wheels and tires.  That would be something to see a 240Z with wheels & tires on a large wall! 
310-871-708six

trebor

Edited by lonetreesteve
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I wonder if the door is complete.  That would be worth some money.

Nope, it's completely gutted and the inner panel is cut out to lighten it...the entire back side is cut out to lighten it.  This is posed in one of the Facebook groups and there are pix of the backside.

No photo description available.

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor

Someone mentioned something about the wheels...  I think I looks pretty good with them!

Image may contain: car

• Like 1