IGNORED

31K Miles Series I 240Z Up for Auction on BaT - Over $100k on First Day!

lonetreesteve

Does anybody know who Wob is, more than just meeting him at a show?  Is he basically just a car salesman?  He's spending a lot of time dispelling and squashing.  He should just say "nobody knows what happened to this car before 1981".

And this guy seems to be adding museums to the owners list.  There was only one, and it's really just one guy buying cars.  Didn't even read the BAT listing, apparently.  The discussion is as interesting as the car...

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Wob outed vance911 as the stepson of lstepp4re then threw shade at them both!  Not very nice.  Odd also how many "value" defenders" are out there.  

Wob is out there right now though if anyone has a thought to send him...  Like does day 1 mean 1971 day 1 or 2002 day 1?  Still, pre-2002, actually, nobody knows what happened to that car, I think.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Wob is reading the comments and addressing issues, squashing and dispelling, but he hasn't addressed the carburetor comment, which was seconded by someone else too.

Not a good look for FIVA either, if they missed it.

p.s. if I'm overposting in this thread feel free to say so, either directly or via message.  I'm enthralled though, I want to see what happens next.  Will Wob succeed in making the sale and breaking the quarter million dollar goal?  Or will the plan be foiled by the eagle eyes and vast knowledge of the "peanut gallery"?

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

"asking for a friend" ROFL

That was 26th or HS30 asking for Captain Obvious.    If you ask the BAT guys a direct question or look them in the eye they get nervous and shout "Non-constructive!", and your comment is blocked.  Edit - plus CO doesn't have a BAT account, I assume.  So, it really was asking for a friend.

Edit 2 - or PZR just asked coincidentally, or was asked to ask.  Who knows.  The BAT crowd is a little cliquey.

And Wob has still avoided the carb question.  Plus he ignored the former Datsun dealer Spyder-man.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Thank you. I had know idea as I read from the bottom up.

The BAT discussions are weird to read.  People pop in just to say "wow" or offer obscure comments.  The non-constructive ones are probably the most interesting.  They should make those optional for viewing.

• Like 1

Optional? They should all be shared. I'm not liking BAT so much now.

Hiding the truth, comments from people that know. 

The price hasn't risen from what I can tell since the knowledgeable folks started picking this car apart.

Has anybody linked this thread in BATs comments? How long would that stay up? Not too long.

Edited by siteunseen

Well!  For all your consideration of how the Wob was going to account for the carburetors, what you didn't consider is no answer at all.  Of course this speaks volumes but we are watching a sham anyway.  We all know it.  I find this all very entertaining.  The testimonials are vomitoriously delicious.

• Like 1

Replying to siteunseen's post -

I think that people might be able to hide their comments from public view also.  Several that I just read have disappeared from view.  Oh well.  BAT is actually more of a collector's club now, not really the "bring a trailer" auction site it started as.  

IdahoZ replied to Rodeo but only Rodeo can see it because he's registered.  It's a secret club now.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1