IGNORED

Spirit Garage / Fujitsubo Header Exhaust Flanges...

ollie

All great conversation here for sure, as for a middle pipe from stock manifolds to aftermarket exhaust, Whitehead Performance lists one on their site.  

As for my situation, I also think the SG header was designed for triples and not SU's.  I'm staying with my SU's for now so I think the Fujitsubo header is the way to go, and if that presents a fitment issue to the balance of the SG system, then we will address that then.  I'm going to order the header this weekend and will update the thread when it comes in...cheers.

Header is ordered, Fujitsubo Super EX Header Exhaust Manifold - Part number : 510-15037  from RHD Japan.  When it arrives, I am going to have it ceramic coated before hand.  Now to find a new heat shield after mine was all chopped up to fit over the SG header.  I also couldn't run the crank breather nor could I run the stock air box with the SG header.  I am appreciative of @duffymahoney and his thread where he shows great detail around his Fujitsubo experience.  

Edited by ollie

Pictures would be killer. I'm trying to imagine your problem. My Datsun Competition headers, which are more than 4 decades old, can't be installed with the steering shaft in place. I have no other fitment issues and have actually fabricated heat shield for the brake plumbing as boiling brake fluid is no bueno. 

Show us the problem.

Here you go...and this is only with respect to the primaries contacting the steering shaft, not the impact around other items like the heat near the SU's, etc.  As you can see, the primaries have been "clearanced" as far as I am willing to go.  This also included shimming the motor mounts to gain some clearance.  More monkeying around than I was interested in so here we go, round 3... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ollie said:

Here you go...and this is only with respect to the primaries contacting the steering shaft, not the impact around other items like the heat near the SU's, etc.  As you can see, the primaries have been "clearanced" as far as I am willing to go.  This also included shimming the motor mounts to gain some clearance.  More monkeying around than I was interested in so here we go, round 3... 

So how close are the primaries on the inside towards the block/trans ? 
How thick of a flange do the Spirits have ? 
Thanks for the pics

Once you're aft of the steering tube, its all good to go, the only issue is the breather tube that had to be removed and replaced with a K&N one.  I can measure the flange later tonight but it's thick and it looks the same as the Fujitsubo one.  

34 minutes ago, ollie said:

Once you're aft of the steering tube, its all good to go, the only issue is the breather tube that had to be removed and replaced with a K&N one.  I can measure the flange later tonight but it's thick and it looks the same as the Fujitsubo one.  

Thanks - maybe I would take a wack at modifying it . Not sure if your selling it.

Crankcase breather I’m assuming ? How bad was that collision . Wow- this thing was really off 

The breather just comes out too far bit its an easy fix with the kn filter.  I had mine chopped down and it would have worked bit then the air box for the SUs doesn't fit so that was the end of that.   You've got triples?  This thing was made for them for certain.  As for the header you're first in line, its gotta go as I'm already tripping over the Stahl one plus the exhaust that was used for that system, and a pile of random 911 parts for the other thing. 

12 minutes ago, ollie said:

The breather just comes out too far bit its an easy fix with the kn filter.  I had mine chopped down and it would have worked bit then the air box for the SUs doesn't fit so that was the end of that.   You've got triples?  This thing was made for them for certain.  As for the header you're first in line, its gotta go as I'm already tripping over the Stahl one plus the exhaust that was used for that system, and a pile of random 911 parts for the other thing. 

PM me pics of what you have . I might try a header rescue - or I might be sorry I tried +lol

Ordered oct 5, on my front door in Vancouver Oct 8th, unreal service thanks rhdjapan.  Dropping this off at the coaters this morning and at first cut, it looks favorable that the SG center section will bolt right into the flange.  

Literally a bag of snakes:

20201008_151406.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Fujitsubo header has been ceramic coated and installed this weekend.  I can confirm the Spirit Garage exhaust bolts right up no problems, just need to get it on the hoist for final adjustments but it sounds great.  You can see the side by side pics of the Spirit Garage header and the Fujitsubo.  You can also get an idea of how I had to clearance the primary for the steering shaft for the Spirit Garage header so unless they change the design I can confirm any LHD car would have the same issues as mine.  

I used my origami series 2 heat shield and its clear I need to track down a nice series 1 as the side nearest to the firewall is really not suited to that last primary.  If anyone has a series 1 heatshield let me know!!

I set up the float level finally with that glass sight kit and what a difference, synced the carbs and its all ready to hide out til spring.  

Cheers

20201024_163504.jpg

20201024_144402.jpg

20201024_144358.jpg

20201024_144350.jpg

20201024_144303.jpg