IGNORED

Parts for Sale: 4x reproduction Nissan Fairlady Z432 wheels in aluminum

Sean Dezart

These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed so I don't need to have visited the factory to satisfy myself of their build quality and metal content - please stop scaremondering the public - it's is irresponsable and you place a doubt on anything 'made in China - THAT is what our initial discussion was on the subject of these wheels - your consistently blinkered belief that anything made outside of Japan is of an inferior quality for 'our' Zs !

If they hadn't been out-sourced to a Chinese factory, they would probably never have existed if we accept the actuel price of them reflecting the real start-up investment ; making them elsewhere made them possible. But again you are guessing, surmising as to how much are the costs ! I know because I've paid for the molds of another wheel and I know the build costs of these current wheels. I'm no multi-national parts group, I could afford it !

Now the angle is 'piracy' ! But who (if anyone) is committing priacy here..........?

piracy : the unauthorized use or reproduction of another's work.

.......the buyer, the seller or the productor ? I bought these simply by contacting the factory and asking to buy them : "yessir, how many would you like - there is a MOQ (minimum-order-quantity)" ? Alan, no doute correctly, sgtates that these have been on sale for two years....plenty of time to have sold hundreds and recovered the start-up costs......but the wheels aren't selling (wonder why ?*) and the factory needs to produce and sell...that's how any factory makes money for it's owners and workers ! *M-Speed have set the marker price too high !!! Please stop manipulating the public.

Did M-Speed even have permission to copy a Nissan factory wheel ?

This company doesn't sell these for free, they're getting their cut out of the M-Speed profit margin : https://jdm-car-parts.com/products/reproduction-fairlady-z432-magnesium-wheels-aluminum-wheel-sold-individually?variant=15222843539565

Perhaps it does come down to ethics : you either buy mine or you pay double the price, believing that 100% goes to help M-Speed......like sending money to African-aid charities where 5% of it finally reaches those that need it unless the local warlord or civil servant doesn't pocket that too !

1) I believe that every Z owner should have access to quality parts at affordable prices.

2) Alan, by attempting to place doubts on these wheels' quality, by stigmating anyone who touches them as a pirate and suggesting that you pay double my price if you really want them merely IMO wishes to keep this 'look' to an exclusive 'club' of owners who can throw that sort of money at their cars - his reasons against my entreprise are solely driven by a selfish desire not to see the prolification of these wheels which, in his words,  "is bad for all of us in the long run".

To show my good intentions and to support this forum, I will offer a us$50 reduction of the purchase of a set of these wheels to all supporting members.

012.JPG

Certainly is a slight movement from a few weeks ago when not knowing which wheel was which.

Are you selling both versions? how much do the 15x7 versions weigh?  Are these through the 'Bulgarian connection'? What size are they ? you say 14x5.5 above but x7 in the pic? 

I guess you could try and cover yourself and say "for display purposes only"?

"These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed "? so are they not made by the same factory as M speed? Or a copy of the copy of the copy?

9 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

Certainly is a slight movement from a few weeks ago when not knowing which wheel was which. I guess you could try and cover yourself and say "for display purposes only"?

Are you selling both versions? how much do the 15x7 versions weigh?  Are these through the 'Bulgarian connection'? What size are they ? you say 14x5.5 above but x7 in the pic? 

"These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed "? so are they not made by the same factory as M speed? Or a copy of the copy of the copy?

What's up - Alan having an evening off so he sent his chum along ?😂 Welcome Jason, been expecting you although Alan denies that you two work in tandem and it's pure coincidence that you both attack me on almost every thread I post.....

You start by trying to score a point (which is rather rude) and then ask me for info that, I believe you've previously asked from a UK supplier - did you not get your answer or checking up on me or simply confused ?

This advert is for the 14*5.5J that weigh 5.82kgs each.

I am selling both the Z432 and Z432-R versions.

What 15x7 versions ? The only 7'' version being sold here is of 14''.

I said "These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed 

And your only interpretation is this ?

"so are they not made by the same factory as M speed? Or a copy of the copy of the copy?"

You do not know - more stabbing in the dark ?

You wanted a set of these copies but now they're less expensive and likely to be worn by more than the fortunate* few, you've changed your mind.

*cue CCRs' Fortunate Son !

5 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

What's up - Alan having an evening off so he sent his chum along ?😂 Welcome Jason, been expecting you although Alan denies that you two work in tandem and it's pure coincidence that you both attack me on almost every thread I post.....

You start by trying to score a point (which is rather rude) and then ask me for info that, I believe you've previously asked from a UK supplier - did you not get your answer or checking up on me or simply confused ?

This advert is for the 14*5.5J that weigh 5.82kgs each.

I am selling both the Z432 and Z432-R versions.

What 15x7 versions ? The only 7'' version being sold here is of 14''.

I said "These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed 

And your only interpretation is this ?

"so are they not made by the same factory as M speed? Or a copy of the copy of the copy?"

You do not know - more stabbing in the dark ?

You wanted a set of these copies but now they're less expensive and likely to be worn by more than the fortunate* few, you've changed your mind.

*cue CCRs' Fortunate Son !

I'm totally transparent about the fact there's a few parts I do not want to see mass produced, these being maybe one of 4 parts.  I've not been able to 'afford' a set before, now given the costs and supply volume, why are they more than a set of rota wheels?

Only questioned the quality as you said 'of the same quality', I stupidly thought they'd all be falling out of the same factory.  

I'm possibly wrong but there's no such thing as z432-r versions, as they came with skinny little steel wheels?  Typo on my part saying 15x7, I meant 14x7.  although if you look into the history, there's some 15" replicas around.  what do the 14x7 versions weigh? i'd guess using crude maths at over 7kg?

12 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

I'm totally transparent about the fact there's a few parts I do not want to see mass produced, these being maybe one of 4 parts.  I've not been able to 'afford' a set before, now given the costs and supply volume, why are they more than a set of rota wheels?

Only questioned the quality as you said 'of the same quality', I stupidly thought they'd all be falling out of the same factory.  

So be transparent and admit that you chased up buying a set of these in the UK because you could clearly have afforded them and I'd even do you a deal now for old-times' sake and for the help you shared with me before I 'saw the light' and dropped my swap plans.....but you were knobbled and then saw the potentiel prolification which put you off despite Zs being very rare in Europe - how many do you cross a week on the roads ? How many Porsches ? :-)

So, yet another effort to cast doubt on the quality of these wheels - they're 'cheap' (I prefer inexpensive or affordable) so there must be something wrong with them......that's a rather cynical world you live in mate ! Why don't you simply ask Jamel for the factory phone number, call 'em up and ask instead of all of you asking me the same question in a dozen different ways like some inquisition ?

Don't guess - the weight is up there in the advert : 6.82kgs.

Never seen 7x15s so can't comment and as for the Z432-R versions, perhaps I'm wrong although these don't look too skinny to me.

nissan-fairlady-z432r-at-suzuka-1970.jpg

14 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

These wheels are of the same quality as those offered for sale by M-Speed so I don't need to have visited the factory to satisfy myself of their build quality and metal content - please stop scaremondering the public - it's is irresponsable and you place a doubt on anything 'made in China - THAT is what our initial discussion was on the subject of these wheels - your consistently blinkered belief that anything made outside of Japan is of an inferior quality for 'our' Zs !

How can you possibly be sure that the wheels you are selling are "of the same quality" as those sold by M-Speed Japan, with M-Speed's stickers and reputation riding on them? I don't see how it is within your gift to vouch for what is going on in a factory that you have never visited, and for a product which you clearly have no paper trail on which to base your statement.

If they hadn't been out-sourced to a Chinese factory, they would probably never have existed if we accept the actuel price of them reflecting the real start-up investment ; making them elsewhere made them possible. But again you are guessing, surmising as to how much are the costs ! I know because I've paid for the molds of another wheel and I know the build costs of these current wheels. I'm no multi-national parts group, I could afford it !

Straw man argument. Reproductions of these wheels have been made for many years. At least four runs that I know of were made in Japan, and one run - in Magnesium, and including a scaled-up 15" version - here in the UK. Nothing is stopping anybody from making them. 

You have not paid for the full costs of the wheels that you are selling here. M-Speed Japan did. You're riding on M-Speed Japan's investment. 

I bought these simply by contacting the factory and asking to buy them : "yessir, how many would you like - there is a MOQ (minimum-order-quantity)" ? Alan, no doute correctly, sgtates that these have been on sale for two years....plenty of time to have sold hundreds and recovered the start-up costs......but the wheels aren't selling (wonder why ?*) and the factory needs to produce and sell...that's how any factory makes money for it's owners and workers ! *M-Speed have set the marker price too high !!! Please stop manipulating the public.

Your moral compass needs a re-set. I've asked you before whether you'd be happy for anyone to approach the Chinese factory which makes your Z-Story exhausts for you, and to start selling them without your permission. No answer. 

M-Speed Japan are (did you notice?) a Japanese company. They sell their goods in and from Japan. I very much doubt you know what their overheads are, or what their profit margin is, but you seem to be ready to claim that they are "manipulating the public"? How could you possibly be in a position to make that assertion?

So, what's next for you? Apple Inc. products at half the official prices? Pfft.

15 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Did M-Speed even have permission to copy a Nissan factory wheel ?

They don't need to. There's no current copyright on that shape, as I've already pointed out.

Perhaps it does come down to ethics

Or in your case, the lack of... 

If you had any class, you would have approached M-Speed Japan and had a conversation with them. Maybe you could have worked something out with them. Nope, just straight to the back door, and all played out in real time on Facebook via the kid in Bulgaria.

Alan, by attempting to place doubts on these wheels' quality, by stigmating anyone who touches them as a pirate and suggesting that you pay double my price if you really want them merely IMO wishes to keep this 'look' to an exclusive 'club' of owners who can throw that sort of money at their cars - his reasons against my entreprise are solely driven by a selfish desire not to see the prolification of these wheels which, in his words,  "is bad for all of us in the long run".

Garbage. And totally irrelevant too.

You have shown photos of the wheels that you are selling, and they clearly carry cast-in logos of JWL (the standards marking of the Japan Light Wheel Alloy Association) and VIA (the Japanese Vehicle Inspection System Association registration).

VIA standards testing and certification needs to take place in Japan, and the company which paid for the VIA standards testing and certification holds the paperwork. 

And you have what, exactly?

7 hours ago, HS30-H said:

How can you possibly be sure that the wheels you are selling are "of the same quality" as those sold by M-Speed Japan, with M-Speed's stickers and reputation riding on them? I don't see how it is within your gift to vouch for what is going on in a factory that you have never visited, and for a product which you clearly have no paper trail on which to base your statement.

Straw man argument. Reproductions of these wheels have been made for many years. At least four runs that I know of were made in Japan, and one run - in Magnesium, and including a scaled-up 15" version - here in the UK. Nothing is stopping anybody from making them. 

You have not paid for the full costs of the wheels that you are selling here. M-Speed Japan did. You're riding on M-Speed Japan's investment. 

Your moral compass needs a re-set. I've asked you before whether you'd be happy for anyone to approach the Chinese factory which makes your Z-Story exhausts for you, and to start selling them without your permission. No answer. 

M-Speed Japan are (did you notice?) a Japanese company. They sell their goods in and from Japan. I very much doubt you know what their overheads are, or what their profit margin is, but you seem to be ready to claim that they are "manipulating the public"? How could you possibly be in a position to make that assertion?

So, what's next for you? Apple Inc. products at half the official prices? Pfft.

They don't need to. There's no current copyright on that shape, as I've already pointed out.

Or in your case, the lack of... 

If you had any class, you would have approached M-Speed Japan and had a conversation with them. Maybe you could have worked something out with them. Nope, just straight to the back door, and all played out in real time on Facebook via the kid in Bulgaria.

Garbage. And totally irrelevant too.

You have shown photos of the wheels that you are selling, and they clearly carry cast-in logos of JWL (the standards marking of the Japan Light Wheel Alloy Association) and VIA (the Japanese Vehicle Inspection System Association registration).

VIA standards testing and certification needs to take place in Japan, and the company which paid for the VIA standards testing and certification holds the paperwork. 

And you have what, exactly?

And you have what, exactly? I have wheels that show proof of their quality that as if I had bought a run of Rotas or Ataras – I don’t need to visit their factory for quality proof and neither do I for this factory – who does here when they buy after-market wheels ? Hands up !

I very much doubt you know what their overheads are, or what their profit margin is, but you seem to be ready to claim that they are "manipulating the public"? How could you possibly be in a position to make that assertion?

I’m claiming that YOU are manipulating the public – plastering doute upon the wheels’ quality, trying to install guilt upon anyone buying them – as for their overheads in Japan, that’s not stopping the wheels being sold here at inflated prices either !

Nope, just straight to the back door………………….Nothing ‘slipped’ out the back door or ‘fell off a lorry’ because as I’ve already stated – they were sold openly via an approach to the factory.

Garbage. And totally irrelevant too. So YOU would say but it’s already been stated elsewhere by one of your cronies that that seeing these on everybodys’ ordinary Z will ‘devalue’ the scene.

You don’t want to see these wheels fitted to Zs owned by Joe Public – point ! You’d like all the ‘nice bitz’ reassuringly expensive to ‘select’ their owners and keep ‘em rare – hardly a mate to M-Speed who, as a retailer, want to sell as many as possible but have failed !

Reproductions of these wheels have been made for many years. Nothing is stopping anybody from making them. Nor selling them to the general public !

I've asked you before whether you'd be happy for anyone to approach the Chinese factory which makes your Z-Story exhausts for you, and to start selling them without your permission. No answer.

Here’s your answer then :  

It is ironic that is was YOU who tipped me over to sell wheels ! Wherever the exhausts are made now, you’re right – there IS nothing to stop someone obtaining one to serve as a prototype to fabricate elsewhere !

So, I began spindle pins now with strut-brace bars, then wheels (which I expect to develop as the modest profits are reinvested) and early next year with other parts, all in parallel with a growing range of exhaust parts. And my prices are and will continue to be affordable, cost less than most competition and be of an equal or superior quality.

What do you make Alan ?  What do you BOTH do to help ordinary Z owners ?

What do you and your SW chum bring to the Z community aside from a few snippet photos and a large slice of sarcasm with cutting remarks from the safety of your keyboards ?

I’ve been a very active club member, helping others, organising events, negociating discounts from suppliers of parts and services and throughout those 31 years, promoting the marque to increase the publics’ and press’ awareness.

The only thing I haven’t done is promote our cars through recongnised motorsport and even that is about to change !

So whilst your happily criticising everyone and everything, arrogantly snug in your office, don’t preach to me about ethics !

These exchanges with you both are tiresome and pointless….just an opportunity for you both to try and score points, nit-pickers, picture-straighteners and I’m having no more of it.

These wheels are already happily selling on three continents – I shall concentrate my time and energy upon customer satisfaction instead.

Moderators – this is a for-sale thread attached to a legitamate advert – please consider if all these replies are relevant.

Owners – if you want to discuss buying a set of wheels, I invite you to PM me please.

8 hours ago, Jason240z said:

I'm possibly wrong but there's no such thing as z432-r versions, as they came with skinny little steel wheels?  Typo on my part saying 15x7, I meant 14x7.  although if you look into the history, there's some 15" replicas around.  what do the 14x7 versions weigh? i'd guess using crude maths at over 7kg?

Quoted by Alan T on AusZcar the 24th August 2019

I can recommend the re-issue ADVAN (Yokohama) HF Type-D in 195/70-14.

Here they are on a set of genuine 432 type Kobe Seikos, but I reckon the size will happily stretch the extra inch to work on the 7J Kobe Seiko Works Rally Mag replicas

Quoted by Alan T on AusZcar the 19th Oct 2019

The latest run of replicas being sold in Japan by M-Speed are made outside Japan, so their overhead costs are much lower. They are slightly different than the originals, and are made from Aluminium alloy rather than Magnesium. 

Q.E.D.

Sean, Alan brings up good points.  Perhaps working out a licensed reselling of M-Speed could be an alternate path. 

Also selling wheels from China has great liability risk due to quality issues that can that go many levels upstream in the supply chain and are impossible to monitor.  Re-selling M-Speed could eliminate this. I would recommend using manufacturers out of Taiwan if possible.  I would never risk using Mainland Chinese-made wheels or tires on any cars my family drives.

• Like 1