IGNORED

New project

240dkw

15 hours ago, 240dkw said:

Trying not to clutter this site with bike stuff,

Looks very good!  What kind of media did they use besides water?  It looks very clean!

I once restored a Honda Goldwing 1100 with all the bells and whistles.. but i could not drive the damn "to small for me" bike.. I now have the big Goldwing 1800/6Cyl...  barely fit on that big bike with my  6foot5.. haha...

8 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Looks very good!  What kind of media did they use besides water?  It looks very clean!

I once restored a Honda Goldwing 1100 with all the bells and whistles.. but i could not drive the damn "to small for me" bike.. I now have the big Goldwing 1800/6Cyl...  barely fit on that big bike with my  6foot5.. haha...

My understanding is that he uses a two stage process. First a dry media blast, not sure what the type is, assume glass beads and then the wet blast with glass beads.

15 hours ago, 240dkw said:

assume glass beads and then the wet blast with glass beads.

Must be very fine glass beads then.. i have done glass beads wet.. aluminium comes out a bit coarse..

On 12/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, 240dkw said:

Around $500

I did some rims last summer with my pressurewasher with special tool for sandblasting with water, it works with around 40-50 bar (600-750 psi)  and after i did them i leave my driveway to dry and can clean up very easy..  (lay a pond patch (rubber) on the driveway.) 

on the left a example, right 2 ready for paint..

IMG-20200827-WA0006.jpg

I used a very fine sand, over here it's called "zilverzand" transl. it would be silversand..  a very fine silverish sand..  Costs?  some of my time.. 😉

DID someone say: post your bike??

My Fireblade.. drove 294km/h on the german raceway eh.. highway.. 😉 

mei 11 -2008 023.jpg

This bike normally has 2 ugly braces going from the tank to the mirrors..  A dealer sayd no after i asked can this be made on another way? it's damn ugly? 

He sayd it to the wrong guy! Made myself some strong triangular steel  replacement parts IN the fairing! You can see one side clearly inside the fairing connected to the mirror (on the right mirror)

I later on checkt and it still works fine by 280 km/hour ! I can see clearly how others behind me where not keeping up !  No shaky mirrors!  😂

mei 11 -2008 024.jpg

After i smashed this bike, and restored it i sold it to the son of a friend!  That good it was again!  My friend did'nt believe this was the same bike as the one i smashed against a big oak... i can still feel the hit... 

Then i became a bit more sensible.. bought me an old...

yeah a Gold Wing 1100..

mei 11 -2008 026.jpg

Hahaha with a trailer!  (Trailer is called a freebird!  bloody expensive those things!) 

Boxer 4 cyl. 80 horse..

mei 11 -2008 028.jpg

After restore.. sold it and got me a... (after selling a nice 280zx t-bar.)

tot2012 086.JPG

Almost new Pan-European (1300cc)  that went very well but after a few years i wanted the big boy...

A as new Gold Wing  a 1832cc 6 cylinder boxer engine with 170Nm  (eh about 120 footinches qsquaremeter thingy's? what you guys use hahaha..)  lots of torq anyway.. And with central locking on remote, cruisecontrol... i'm not kidding you.. and 4 speaker stereo haha... and and...pfff...

tot2012 087.JPG

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 3