IGNORED

Z Proto: The next z reveal

• 2 weeks later...

His opinion may be JuuuuuuuST a bit biased. 😉

Man, they hid the video well. I couldn't find it except by clicking the Nissan/YouTube credit at the end of the article.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

One essential part which does not seem to be discussed at all is the chassis/suspension, something which is crucial to real performance on a circuit. Just look at the 370Z, it had adequate power but never made it on the race track because others handled better. Unfortunately the 400 looks like it uses a parts bin chassis and suspension unlike the S30 which resulted in a car that still gets raced successfully today.

Without a potential racing history the 400 will just be another sports car which has to compete on price, power and appearance, all of which are market variables that change regularly and lead quickly to a market failure of one car or another.

• Like 3

The aftermarket heals many ills. I'm confident that if you actually want to race a Z, there will be appropriate parts available. 

"If you build it, they will come."

Did a bit of research and it seems that the 400 will use a modified 370Z chassis and suspension, surprise surprise, not. Let's just hope that they have knocked some weight out of it without losing rigidity and have improved the suspension because I followed closely a couple of 370Z's that were sensibly with money prepared for racing but never made it. Basically too heavy for the mechanical grip they were able to generate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like that

I would be interested in that. I believe that is an individual that was just dreaming about that as an option

• Like 1

They do the car no favors to wrap it like that!!!

They would just do better to paint it a great color and run it. It looks super bland in the car camo