IGNORED

Z Proto: The next z reveal

AZDatsun

I like that one too...  Here's what the notes say on the youtube video..  RETRO ?  We'll see.  ?

Turn up your speakers and hear the Nissan Z Proto roar! It’s iconic, it’s retro, it’s powerful. Watch the live unveiling on Sept. 16 at 9:30 a.m. JST/12:30 a.m. GMT (8:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 15).

This snapshot of the back end does look promising.  And did anyone notice the MANUAL transmission?  Whoop... :bunny:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.20.40 PM.png

They would have made more of a significant design change by just bolting ZG flares and 432R Rear Spoiler .... this is another 370z in my eyes.

It is pretty bad when you look at a "new car design" and need a photo of the last iteration to find the subtle changes.... Nissan is lost.

And as Mr K and Mr M said of the 350z,.,... IT STILL LOOKS FAT.

50year anniversary  of the 240z and a not-240z tribute car...grrrr

A look behind the new design process:

• 370z chassis (quick and cheap low bar effort platform) [✔]
  • 300zx tail lights & 3l engine (cheap plastic insert and low bar engine) [✔]
  • S30 badges and hood bump (very cheap changes) [✔]

That Disastrous Car Homer Simpson Designed Was Actually Ahead of Its Time |  WIRED

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.53.07 PM.pngimage.jpeg

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

They would have made more of a significant design change by just bolting ZG flares and 432R Rear Spoiler .... this is another 370z in my eyes.

It is pretty bad when you look at a "new car design" and need a photo of the last iteration to find the subtle changes.... Nissan is lost.

And as Mr K and Mr M said of the 350z,.,... IT STILL LOOKS FAT.

50year anniversary  of the 240z and a not-240z tribute car...grrrr

A look behind the new design process:

• 370z chassis (quick and cheap low bar effort platform) []
  • 300zx tail lights & 3l engine (cheap plastic insert and low bar engine) []
  • S30 badges and hood bump (very cheap changes) []

the-homer-inline2.jpg&key=0b24ca3da60aaa5359ace33357667b964c30a69a3dcc9e2e75e0fdc33615f5f7

1691678645_ScreenShot2020-09-10at10_53_07PM.thumb.png.a701627ee2d707c26ff31a0822c86dcb.pngimage.jpeg.c39bbe4945a41480b6dc91a574dd2db7.jpeg

You know, when you put those photos side by side, I totally see your point!!! :( You’ve ruined it fo me.

I do like the rear and the hips though. They are definitely less bulbous than the 370’s and the rear lights are more 240. I was going to say that in the modern world of safety standards etc it’s difficult to produce cars close to the original, but then, they did achieve a great outcome with the Mustang or the Dodge Challenger etc.

I do agree though that they should have come up with something a little more special for the 50th but of any modern Z, that’s the one I find the most attractive.

by comparison to an S30, sorry just don't see it. Going to just have to keep living in the past. My color TV is from 1968 (Zenith), my stereo is 1964 (the Fisher), table radio (playing right now) 1957 General Electric. I am sure this new Z will have fans, good for them, I long for a simple, light, fun to drive GT type car. What would be nice is a Kit car I suppose.

• Like 1