IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

7 hours ago, conedodger said:

@grannyknot, my proximal problem is finding a DBW throttle body that has the proper bolt spacing to be bolted up to the L28 intake manifold. Mind measuring your bolt spacing? 😎

Do you mean the electric actuator that controls the throttle opening and closing? The one I'm using opens and closes 6 TBs

Edited by grannyknot

On 10/8/2020 at 7:52 AM, conedodger said:

So Yarb, 

I looked in to it. Turns out I didn’t have to look far. That’s what is on the car now! 

@Yarb, indeed, that is what I just pulled off. I still think I will go with a 1" Wilwood. I'm going with bigger brakes too as I'm doubling my previous HP...

IMG_1494.jpg

Edited by conedodger

Well, I have mine as a core and I would think a 73 240 would be less common than the later ZX's. Which size did you go with? I tore all of this out so I could refinish the engine compartment. I've owned the care for 40 years and I have painted the exterior 3 times. Once red, once yellow, then back to the original white but I've never painted the engine compartment and it looked so dirty after I did the last repaint. 

I'm hoping to go Drive by wire (DBW) with this engine. If you've been following along, you know that I am using an N42 intake so I need to find a throttle body that bolts up and has the throttle actuator and throttle position sensor installed. It should be in the 70mm - 75mm range. Anyone know of such a beast? I know that HybridZ is probably the place to go for this, but I can't seem to log in and the email that I originally signed up with is long dead.

Here's a couple pics of what I'm talking about. Not completely sure of the years of application, but it looks like this. The heat sink thingie on the right is the DBW actuator.

P1120303.JPG

And here's some pics from ebay, etc. The connector has six connections in it. I'm assuming the TPS feedback element is built into the same section, so some of the wires would be for DBW and some of the others are for TPS feedback.

So maybe you could move the actuator over to a different throttle body, or if there is enough meat, maybe you could bore this one out to your liking?
sentra dbw 5a.jpg

• Like 1