IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

I've been hesitant to pull the brake lines apart. When you do anything in a restoration, you risk the part not being available and in the case of brake lines, you might have to make them. That is possible as the tools and tubes are available. In fact, I think I've had a rudimentary flaring tool in my stash since the 1980's. A remnant of working for my uncle at his gas station before going to school and learning to put people to sleep and keep them pain free while a sadistic bastard cuts them up. I guess that makes me complicit doesn't it! But yesterday, I watched a video of a guy named Francisco Gutierez as he put in new brake lines in his Z. I checked his source which I had to determine by looking at the box as he tried to dump the contents out. Turns out the tubes are available and they are $329.99. So I called and heard the sweet sound of her yelling "order up." Know your date and year of production. I think they have 3 different tubing sets available for the Z. Pretty sure Francisco is a member here. His channel is Panchos Garage.

https://Classictube.com

Edited by conedodger
  • Like 1

I used these folks. They were easy to work with. You can send them your unit to rebuild or buy theirs and send in a your core. They will also powder coat the booster if you like. Mine came back with a nice primer coat ready for paint. Very reasonable. Little over $100 a few months ago.

North

Power Brake Exchange, Inc. - San Jose, Ca. 
Phone: (408) 292-1305  Fax: (408) 294-6817

South

Power Brake Exchange, Inc. - Bell Gardens, Ca.
Phone: (562) 806-6661  Fax: (562) 806-3570

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Yarb said:

I used these folks. They were easy to work with. You can send them your unit to rebuild or buy theirs and send in a your core. They will also powder coat the booster if you like. Mine came back with a nice primer coat ready for paint. Very reasonable. Little over $100 a few months ago.

North

Power Brake Exchange, Inc. - San Jose, Ca. 
Phone: (408) 292-1305  Fax: (408) 294-6817

South

Power Brake Exchange, Inc. - Bell Gardens, Ca.
Phone: (562) 806-6661  Fax: (562) 806-3570

Thanks Yarb! I think it's a family operation. The kid spoke up on Facebook and said he was in SoCal...

Have you thought about using the 15/16 Mc off the 79zx? I upgraded to the 79 booster and master cylinder on my 78. Bolted right in with clearance. The booster is the same depth but larger in diameter. Haven’t had the car on the road yet but what I’ve read it performs well. 

1 hour ago, Yarb said:

Have you thought about using the 15/16 Mc off the 79zx? I upgraded to the 79 booster and master cylinder on my 78. Bolted right in with clearance. The booster is the same depth but larger in diameter. Haven’t had the car on the road yet but what I’ve read it performs well. 

I’ll look in to it, thanks!