IGNORED

Which Header?

texasz

I have purchased the Z-Story Street headers with full exhaust all the way back. Sean was easy to work with and the equipment is beautiful....however there were some serious issues with the headers that I received. He knows about the problems and hopefully is correcting for future orders. The flange needed to be ground down on each end to allow for the intake to fit and be bolted up. That was fairly straightforward and with some grinding on the flange edge I got the intake to seat nicely. The major issue is the the angle of the pipes coming off of the flange.  Several of the thick washers used to hold intake and exhaust in place had to have the edges ground a lot just to get them to slip onto the stud. I had to scrap the stud all together on the fist pipe and use a bolt with normal flat washer because the stud actually hit the header pipe before it would seat against the head. I am a probably a week away from getting the engine back in this car. I hope everything seals up OK but I have a feeling I will have to go a different route. A couple of the manifold nuts were VERY tricky to get a wrench on to tighten, impossible with and socket and swivels because they are just to close to the pipes to get any clearance for a socket to slip over the nuts. 

I was very excited about this exhaust system but I fear I have a lot of money tied up into a header I will have to replace. 

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg