IGNORED

Repro 240Z Fuel Tank Coming Available

I don't understand the delete the smog line. Doesn't it just connect to the vapor tank. All the other connections look the same.Filler,vent,vent,vent,supply,return. Tank looks good to me. Can someone explain how to delete this line that goes to the flow valve on a 240z.

48 minutes ago, jackmau said:

I don't understand the delete the smog line. Doesn't it just connect to the vapor tank. All the other connections look the same.Filler,vent,vent,vent,supply,return. Tank looks good to me. Can someone explain how to delete this line that goes to the flow valve on a 240z.

My guess is that it wasn't on the tank they had available as a model. I looked at the FSM FE section and the photos they have of their tank. I'm not sure which line is not included.

Actually I am doing the reproduction.

We have every type FUEL Tank as an example  available. But it was a though choice! Besides we are restoring many US-cars we are also restoring and will restore some US 1969, some European cars, the last 2 came without vapor tank, so that is why we decided to produce without the vapor tank connection.  Also because a lot of people in the US told me that they delete the vapor parts anyway.

To be honest, the white car in the pictures with VIN HLS30-15642 is a US one, we are restoring it as it came out of the factory and for that car we added the connections to the tank after production.

7 hours ago, SurferD said:

Yes now I agree it’s not that bad a price. I wonder if the internal baffles are the same too. From their site they do some serious restorations  They probably cut one up and copied it. 

They are a 99% copy.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, AK260 said:

Funny this should pop up today - look what I discovered 3 hours ago while peeling back underseal and what appeared to be surface rust ...

3681669e089b51cf9bb3970b4960bcab.jpg&key=de1dc8819b16016ac6db1d69e07ceba984eab3c22bcfc62f4d90dadf1acb24e2

The joys of a UK car!!! At least the interior plastics are in good order emoji1787.png

And the dashes!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, christoffel said:

This are exact pictures of the tank+

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

3F873C66-28F7-47B4-8685-D6ABC185D6FB.jpeg

Yep - you deleted the wrong vents . You should have kept them two and deleted the one at the back of the tank . Nissan still sells a vent hose for the front vent and the side vent doesn’t need a formed hose . The vent you kept is he hardest one to duplicate and reach . Too bad 

@w3wilkes @madkawThanks for your feedback. 

It is just from wich perspective you look at it.

We  restore  several 1969 production US cars and European cars, These cars come with tanks that have the connections like the tanks we produce. Also the cars produced for the Japanese market (including the Z432), the UK , Australia and the rest of the world came in this configuraton (without the vapor connections)

A lot of people I know in the US said that this configuration would fit them also, because they delete the vapor system.

For the US market cars we restore to a "as it left the factory"level, after the tanks are produced, we simply ad the connections and we have the tank the car came with when new.

Till now most orders came from the US, but also Japan (for a Z432) and the rest of the world.

I have a 1970 919 color 240Z I use as a daly driver, and this car I run with triple Mikuni's so I don't need the emission and vapor stuff at all on this car.

IMG_3393.jpg

Edited by christoffel
  • Like 3

You didn’t completely delete the vapor system because you left one of the vent tubes . The vent tube you left is the hardest to connect . Im also not sure how you delete all the vents and the fuel tank can properly operate and breathe. There has been members here that have deleted the vents and have had fuel cavitation from lack of air to vent the tank . One vent line might be enough and I think the OEM system seems too much . I also am glad you are making these and I am not nit picking your effort . I just did a tank vapor system with all new hoses and the one in the top back is the worse to do . That why I wish you left the other two .

Good luck and thanks for your efforts