IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

Is it just because it's next to a bunch of SUV's or does the new Z look a bit smaller and more Supra/BRZ sized?  The Supra is a tiny car in person.  The proportions look pretty good too.  So far, so good IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Is it just because it's next to a bunch of SUV's or does the new Z look a bit smaller and more Supra/BRZ sized?  The Supra is a tiny car in person.  The proportions look pretty good too.  So far, so good IMO.

It's probably on essentially the same platform as the 370Z. After all, where is the cash to develop a low volume platform? Given that, I would expect the dimensions to be similar to the 370Z. I love the roofline on the new car in the video.

4 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

It's probably on essentially the same platform as the 370Z. After all, where is the cash to develop a low volume platform? Given that, I would expect the dimensions to be similar to the 370Z. I love the roofline on the new car in the video.

Yep, that's exactly what I expect as well, but it appears that they managed to lower the cowl and belt line to make the whole car appear lower.  They could have also played with the overhangs to shorten the car just a bit.  I fully expect the chassis and floor pan to be essentially carryover Z34.  The 350/370 always looked too chunky due to the tall sides.  This car seems to have lost that extra heft.  It likely hasn't lost any weight and is more likely a tad heavier, but it looks smaller and lighter at least.

Roof line, hood profile, headlight 'bucket', soooo similar to my S30, very nice! I sure hope weight is kept in check and pricing reasonable. Supra sized would be awesome but platform probable won't allow for that.  

47053CDA-8915-429E-B0B3-8A144C333596.JPG

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I like the Supra but it's got a lot of BS body lines to me.

The Supra is a mess in person.  The whole body is full of fake scoops and cladding.  This car looks much cleaner.  Time will tell if it actually looks good inside and out.  I'm guessing it will drive similar to a 370Z which isn't a bad thing.

There's one for sale about a mile from here. I'm going to get side by side photos when we can get together and post them up on here. It has the quarter window that I don't see on the new Nissan Z but those F35 jet scoops can stay in the air for all I care. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a pink Supra if you offered me one.

19 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

There's one for sale about a mile from here. I'm going to get side by side photos when we can get together and post them up on here. It has the quarter window that I don't see on the new Nissan Z but those F35 jet scoops can stay in the air for all I care. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a pink Supra if you offered me one.

IF, and that's a somewhat medium sized to big "if", I was to get either a 400Z or Supra for a daily driver, a huge factor would be the ability to let me go back to my luddite ways and stir my own gearbox and use a 3rd pedal. Given that the Supra only comes with a slush box (not sure whether or not it has flappy paddles), I am counting on the 400Z, provided I like the overall package. *Sigh* I may have to settle on flappy paddles eventually.

• Like 1

looks less roundie soft looking than the 370z from what you can see, good. the current z looks too much like a punch buggy on steroids. I personally think the mid 90's TT 300zx is the best of them all. A little too busy in the cockpit, but body lines were perfect. I have often thought it would be nice to have one of those 90's era, but I like to work on my cars and that looks like no fun at all.

Edited by Dave WM
  • Like 1

From what I can see, it still has a lot of 370z in it.  I had hopes that it would resemble the S30 but perhaps with fender flairs look that so many people seem to add to their 240z.  I really hoped they would keep the lines of the original S30 rear quarters.  Specifically, that line that runs along side the car.  It looks like that line is gone.  I thought it was going to be a 240 reborn but it looks like what it is.  The next gen 370.