IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

Familiarity is all in your head, Zed.  The Corvette is a polar opposite and quite more refined than these sketches.

Sure is a pretty silhouette, though.  Captures the concept behind the Z perfectly.  Notice how the design leaps?  Like a cheetah.

Polar opposite?  Over-exaggeration ruins your attempted effect.

Cheetahs aren't known for leaping.

It looks like it's popping a wheelie. While not really liking it there was something about it that tugged at me. When I held my right index finger in front of that gaping chasm behind the front wheel, a gorgeous car came into view.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Sources claim the 400Z will be powered by an Infiniti-sourced 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 sending around 400 horsepower to the rear wheels through either a Nismo-tuned automatic or a six-speed manual.

I was going to say earlier that "400" is just cooler looking than "370" and that's why they were developing a new model.  Now it looks like they really did just pick 400 from thin air.  What if the engine only makes 398 HP?

I assume that that car is actually going to look more like this picture than the bottom picture.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Would you be happy if the new Nissan Z car looks like this?

Dubbed the Nissan Fairlady 480Z,

I'm confused.  Is it a 400Z or a 480Z?  480 would actually be interesting.  I can't think of any vehicles or vehicle parts with 480 in the name.  400 is common.  Pontiac 400, Turbo 400, YZ400, etc.

480Z.

13 minutes ago, wheee! said:

This is the only acceptable starting point for a new Z. Lose the wing and canards and raise the stance. Done.

c2a91b09c9a9953a697ce304c4fc05f7.jpg

Except for track day use.  ?

This rendering is definitely something I could get excited about.  Thanks for posting it.