240ZinAZ

Cars for Sale: 1973 Datsun/Nissan 240Z (rebuilt with 280ZX engine/transmission) not in a hurry to sell. Tempe AZ

1973 Datsun/Nissan 240Z (rebuilt with 280ZX engine/transmission) not in a hurry to sell. Tempe AZ

updated 03Jun2020: added photos! finally got the dust off. let me know if anyone wants specific areas.

updated 21May2020: reduced to $10,500, but showing to a couple people here in AZ locally this week.

Hey friends, I used HybridZ a ton when I was a teen, so I decided to post my car for sale there. Got recommended to also post it here on ClassicZCars.com. Haven't had any time for my '73 240Z since about 2011, so I made the hard decision to sell (to the right person! not selling unless it's a hobbyist) to give someone else a chance to finish this project.

I'm a 33-year-old guy in Tempe in law enforcement/military. Price is $12,999 because I think that's what I can prove I paid so far on-paper, but mostly to deter the usual low-ball offers. I also have a 2007 CBR600RR for sale with low miles, though also not in a hurry to sell. I'll take cryptocurrency, cash, cashier's check, and whatever else won't get me ripped-off. Hope y'all are doing well, and here's the info from OfferUp!

499999 Miles

NOT IN A HURRY TO SELL. will sell this rebuilt/project 240Z to the right person, only. looking for some enthusiast who grew-up in the 70s, or a gearhead who likes restoring cars. i also have my 2007 CBR600RR motorcycle up for sale, if you know anyone who needs a reliable moto.
    I bought this 240Z from a guy in California, around the San Pedro area in 2004. i think i remember him being the 2nd owner, buying it from a nearby woman. i was mid-high school and wanted to restore a car with my dad (he’s amazing at doing car projects by himself). i paid $3,000 cash after working a full summer at some side jobs as a kid. used the car as a daily driver for almost 2 years in high school, then joined the military. the car originally had some surface rust in the usual Z spots, but is totally clean now. spent hours with my dad doing the following: engine and transmission from 280ZX rebuilt and paint (5-speed manual and 2.8L now), rebuilt SU carburetors, rebuilt most of everything under the hood, shined the crap out of most surfaces (my valve cover is almost a mirror!), put a different geared differential in, re-did the brakes and painted the calipers, put a new exhaust in with a 2.5” pipe (super throaty with headers, a bit too loud for me now, and no catalytic converter), got it to pass Maricopa County emissions, registered it until the end of 2011 when i listed it as not in use, got out of the military and paid $4,250 for a nice paint job with the original orange, painted the engine bay with the motor out, sprayed rhino liner on the hood interior, painted a front air dam/spoiler i bought, painted a rear spoiler i bought, all totally running and rebuilt and clean, OTHER than the interior. interior was my last project, but i ended up moving out of the US until last year. i’ve had this car waiting for me in my garage, with a Noah car cover on it, for so many years. i don’t want to sell it, but i need garage space for my new 4Runner daily driver. Really want it to be bought by a person who will enjoy it without stripping it for one of those racing engine swaps or weird body kits.

• Advertiser
      240ZinAZ
    • Date
      05/18/2020
    • Price
      $10,500.00
    • Category
    • Year
    • Model
      240Z
    • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
      (has 280ZX engine and transmission)

Only one picture, and it looks like the hood doesn't close completely.  Can you do better?  Probably help your sale.

Looks like an orange 73 240Z with no trim, no windows, no bumpers, no door handles, maybe no interior and an unknown L28 and unknown 5 speed.  Seriously, boiled down, that's all there is.  Good luck.

image.png

10 hours ago, ROBERTWILLIAM said:

Why are you posting in 240ZinAZ's thread?  Doesn't seem right.  You usually start your own with your mysterious posts.

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Why are you posting in 240ZinAZ's thread?  Doesn't seem right.  You usually start your own with your mysterious posts.

Zed Head, I just flagged ROBERTWILLIAM as a possible spam bot.

17 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Only one picture, and it looks like the hood doesn't close completely.  Can you do better?  Probably help your sale.

Looks like an orange 73 240Z with no trim, no windows, no bumpers, no door handles, maybe no interior and an unknown L28 and unknown 5 speed.  Seriously, boiled down, that's all there is.  Good luck.

Agreed, do you have more photos?