Mike

Update Friday May 1, 2020

Just curious but do they still work?  Just ugly.

Yes, everything works, but I can't tell which posts I've contributed to.  Normally, I look for the starred ones first and with the boxes, I lose that info.

2 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Normally, I look for the starred ones first and with the boxes, I lose that info.

Me too.

You've got that "car on a" virus. I read about the other day. You'll have to change all your passwords. :tapemouth:

And without changing anything, I now have the icons back, at least for the moment.

image.png

• Like 1

I'm on a Mac and just recently, and more than once, with only certain posts on this site, I get "you need to update Adobe Flash player" pop up and it locks me out of any maneuvering  until I quit out of CZCC.  When I come back it sometimes does it again but sometimes not.   I know that there is a Fake Flash Player Scam out for Macs that hijack the browser so I never follow the links but I wonder if that has anything to do with y'alls problem?

7 hours ago, gwri8 said:

I'm on a Mac and just recently, and more than once, with only certain posts on this site, I get "you need to update Adobe Flash player" pop up and it locks me out of any maneuvering  until I quit out of CZCC.  When I come back it sometimes does it again but sometimes not.   I know that there is a Fake Flash Player Scam out for Macs that hijack the browser so I never follow the links but I wonder if that has anything to do with y'alls problem?

Grab a screenshot for me next time this happens.  We have NO flash code on this site and I'd be curious to see what's causing it.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 3:52 AM, Mike said:

Grab a screenshot for me next time this happens.  We have NO flash code on this site and I'd be curious to see what's causing it.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.07.08 PM.pngGot this today when is signed in to this site

Edited by gwri8

What happens if you click "Update"?  😀

If you hover your cursor over the Update button it should show the url somewhere, at least Windows does.  Might tell you if it's malware.

I guarantee it's malware.  Check on the adobe site and it's noted that this is malware for windows also. 

33 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

I guarantee it's malware.  Check on the adobe site and it's noted that this is malware for windows also. 

It might be that your computer is infected and the malware identifies the classiczcars.com site as a good target for the next step.  Just guessing, don't really know.

@Mike

Ads are showing up inside people's posts, and passing along with them if you use the "Quote" function.  Not sure that's intentional.  Can't delete the ad either inside the quoted material box.  Also, tried to check the link I pasted and it doesn't seem to work although it pasted in as the graphical link. Edit - actually it does work, if you click the "X minutes ago" part of the graphic.  Can't just click the box anymore.

Edited by Zed Head

On 5/15/2020 at 6:22 PM, Zed Head said:

@Mike

Ads are showing up inside people's posts, and passing along with them if you use the "Quote" function.  Not sure that's intentional.  Can't delete the ad either inside the quoted material box.  Also, tried to check the link I pasted and it doesn't seem to work although it pasted in as the graphical link. Edit - actually it does work, if you click the "X minutes ago" part of the graphic.  Can't just click the box anymore

Yeah I just noticed that...  the ads from Infolinks are supposed to be agnostic to the website (meaning, they are added in real time and don't affect the code).  but it appears that quoting a post with an ad will carry the ad forward.  You can delete it, if you use the "Source" button to look at the code.

I'm debating whether or not we need Infolinks anyway.  They really don't pay that much to help us keep the lights on.  Google ads have been the best so far..

Mike

Since you're around, you might want to know that if a person clicks any of the blue boxes on your new big banner, nothing obvious happens.  All of the changes are "below the fold", on the bottom half of the page, off-screen.  It's actually a nice intro page, but you can't see anything happen.  There's an ad where a person might see stuff.

You could probably just make the banner shorter, and bring the bottom half of the page up to where the changes happen.  Move the blue boxes off the left of the text maybe.

@Mike

Here's a partial screen shot.  The arrow points to where change happens.

image.png

I've tried all of the browsers.  Chrome just works best.  Fastest and no problems.  

I know that you're deep in to tech but I think that Google still knows, no matter what browser you use.  I think that many of the platforms share user history.  Plus, if I sign into Hotmail, or Gmail or another email account, all of my browser history is probably connected to my email address.The only way to be close to anonymous is with a VPN, I think.

I don't have anything to hide anyway.  And, on top of it all, I don't think that Google knows what to do with my browsing history.  Most of the ads I see don't have anything to do with anything I'm interested in.  There's a "driver retriever" ad at the top of the page, and a scrolling ad at the bottom - Walgreens, Geico, other stuff.  Useless.

Thanks for the advice though.

I've checked the server and we also have protection against malware coming from our site.  Anything you see with the Adobe Flash is likely something installed on your computer, not from our site.  Ads also should not be using flash because I've disabled it.

@Zed Head, thanks for the info about the header graphic, I'll see if I can make it smaller.

As far as ads showing up in the quotes, this can be deleted in the editor.  Infolinks has been doing this but they've been paying about $70-90/month which helps a lot.  I just need to work on placement to make things more streamlined.

• Like 1