IGNORED

New Product Idea. Distributor Timing Plate Re-Design

zKars

This is a great idea. I’m in the middle of a a distributor rebuild right now (on corona hold).
I’d love to put one my new motor because with my luck I’m a tooth or more off on my oil pump. Seems like no matter how hard you try to hold the pump and spindle perfect it feels like it moves as the teeth engage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

This is a great idea. I’m in the middle of a a distributor rebuild right now (on corona hold).
I’d love to put one my new motor because with my luck I’m a tooth or more off on my oil pump. Seems like no matter how hard you try to hold the pump and spindle perfect it feels like it moves as the teeth engage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send me the email or PM me with your shipping details, we’ll get one on the way. 

I have a couple of requests so far, and I've started the shipping process to send them out.

I've done a bit of postal shipping estimates to the four corners of the lower 48. The packaging I'm using a bubble mailer, 24x18x1cm, 0.14 kg for the large plate. It's the same no matter where it goes.

Given the usual payment method of paypal, I decided a flat $15 USD  charge no matter where you are in the USA is the price to play for the few of you that will be the testers. Postal rates in Canada vary greatly, I'll quote actual rates as needed, and we can send cheaper e-transfers. 

In the spirit of the current reality, I will also disinfect the package contents before I seal the envelope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

$20USD is like $1000CAD whooo hooo!

Have you seen the exchange rate with

It's 1.16 right now CAD to AUD. Time to hit up their Datsun vendors.

For the US, it even crazier 1.63!  Huge advantage for us North American's

Oh sure I mention a stupid high price in a moment of jest and everyone goes quiet.  There was a WINKY face people!

Maybe there’s a world crisis that has you pre-occupied. That must be it. ?

I would like to get a couple of others in tester’s hands, let me know if anyone else wants one. 

You should show it on a distributor.  Many might not be familiar with how easy it is to swap that plate.  It's just a single screw, isn't it?  Do you have to remove the collar at the bottom of the shaft?  Can't remember.  The roll pin is a pain.  Edit - it fits on the bottom of the body so the collar won't have to come off.  One screw.  

image.png

Edited by Zed Head