IGNORED

My baby was stolen!!!

H2O-Z

Let's hope it can be recovered intact, or with a little body damage. Better that than finding it piece by piece on Ebay....

FWIW, the thieves ought to recieve a full frontal lobotomy, prefereably with a "scalpel" of no less than 9MM.....:devious: :angry:

Well, I was just about to post this picture, and the police called that they had found my Z!!!!!! :DROFLLOL

So to fill you all in (after bolting to go pick it up)

It was found only .5 mile from where I live. From the initial look-see, it appears not to have suffered too much excessive wear. I haven't calculated the milage yet, but my guess is they took the car only for a short joyride and maybe expected quick marketable goods. The funny thing is, I have no stereo in the car right now because, as I mentioned in the 'dash' thread, my plan is to convert the heat controls to electronic...so all that is out of the car. All they got was the 'Q' ball stick knob, custom rear deck carpet (with 'Z' embroidery), and the change from the ash tray. If nothing else, it feels good to think they went to all that trouble for so little. LOL

I still am confused how they got in and started the car, but as some of you have mentioned...take note...there are other keys out there that will fit your Z! :(

They definitely were not looking to strip the car, 'cause the interior is all original and immaculate!

Part of me really would like to know who though...'cause it would be a WHOLE lot of fun to hold them down and break OFF every one of their fingers. But then that little voice says "vengance is mine sayeth...you-know-who"

Once again, can't say enough how much I appreciate all your concerns, comments, support, and all-in-all, this incredible group and website!

Keep on Z'ing!!!

post-1969-14150792709377_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad you got it back!! :classic:

I kind of suspected joyriders as opposed to professionals when you first posted this but I didn't say anything. You're probably right about the key thing. I've been wondering what to do about that as well to prevent a loss like yours. I'm guessing you're thinking of such things as well ... :devious:

Alarm system.... or a coil wired to the body....:devious:

Glad you got it back in one piece... guess they must have read my post 6 minutes before you posted its return.LOL

Hmm, be a good time to post this old Clifford alarm system for sale that I found in my closet a couple weeks ago huh??:devious:

GREAT NEWS ! 1/2 mile from your house...lucky you.

I have a friend whose car was once stolen in Cheyenne, WY, and was recovered in New Mexico a week later! THAT was a joyride!

btw, nice Z !

Glad you got your car back!

As a suggestion, find out from the Police Supervisor if you can thank the force by sending them a couple of Pizza's or a Gift Certificate to Starbucks or (sorry for the stereotype) a box of Donuts or something like that. The police will appreciate it, and will in turn keep an even bigger eye out your way.

If nothing else a Thank You! card. It may sound trite, but the Police rarely get thanked, usually all they hear is BS such as "Why aren't you out catching crooks...". So, even though they haven't caught the idiot, thank them for having found it and gotten it back to you.

2¢