IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

~2000 deaths per day is where things are leveling out.  You can look at trends of individual states but the sum of all states is still high.  These "free the people" protesters are just super-spreaders.  It's a shame that they probably don't understand irony.

https://www.mdmetrix.com/covid-19-projections

image.png

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

FYI the 2 day drops in the graph above are sat and sun.

The peaks are Mondays .

Yes, I noticed that for some states the daily toll is unchanged for several days, then there is a large uptick.  Guess they are probably not reporting every day.

Yesterday was another day with over 2000 US Covid deaths.  While New York continues to drop, others are rising.  New Jersey still has some high numbers and looks like the midwest is starting to increase.  I added Illinois and Indiana charts because they seem to have a significant increase.  I also changed the polynomial indicator to a 3rd order so that it follows the actual numbers a bit closer.

image.png

The rumor last week was Dr. Fauci was to be fired. He's being marginalized and (IMO) will be gone soon. Just like everyone else who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with every oddball whim and crackpot idea that pops into our President's head.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I wish they'd take the dollars being spent on all these flyovers and put it to good use on the ground. Hazard pay, feeding the hungry, supporting small businesses, The list is endless.

I have mixed feelings about it. It's a great morale booster for the cities where they fly, and right now is a good time to boost public morale. The downside is indeed that it is expensive, but in the wider perspective, it's a flyspeck in the military budget. Money just doesn't move from the military budget to the public service functions named.

I am also pleasantly surprised that so far, I haven't heard any members of the current administration claiming credit for it as a PR device. In that regard, they deserve my compliments.  

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Money just doesn't move from the military budget to the public service functions named.

I am also pleasantly surprised that so far, I haven't heard any members of the current administration claiming credit for it as a PR device. In that regard, they deserve my compliments.  

Just wait...

Edit - I overlooked the first part of your comment.  You're forgetting, maybe, about The Wall.  Defense money was moved over to finance a few extra miles.  "Emergency declaration" I think is the key phrase.

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/14/21065352/trump-diverting-military-funds-border-wall-construction

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1