IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

If a quarantined population reduces its current measures, the transmission of the virus will just take off again.  The only way to go forward with reduction of quarantine is if Everyone uses PPE and if Everyone is routinely tested.   If not, the upcoming reductions of quarantine measures is going to exterminate a lot of people. Warehouses filled with Darwin awards are awaiting to be posthumously awarded.

And here's another thing that happens when we are so myopically focused on Covid that we let everything else fall by the wayside.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-rates-drop-dangerously-parents-192710274.html

I really think we are out of control here and making a lot of bad decisions.  I think Sweden will come out smelling like a rose and the rest of us will be looking pretty dumb.  Only time will tell.

From what I saw, again, today in the grocery store, people in general do not understand aymptomatic transmission.  So, it just takes a few asymptomatics to start a whole new outbreak.

People keep using the word "open".  Another failure of the message from the leaders.  All people really want is a plan that they can understand.  Trump's pseudo science doesn't help at all.

• Like 1

To the beaches everyone!

“Medical doctors,” should see “if there any way to apply light and heat to cure”, the president said. He asked Dr Deborah Birx if that’s possible.

Fevers are the body’s way of apply heat to treat itself, but she hasn’t heard of it being used as a treatment, she responded.

“It’s just a suggestion,” Trump said. “If heat is good and if sunlight it good, that’s. a great thing as far as I’m concerned.”

16 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

From what I saw, again, today in the grocery store, people in general do not understand aymptomatic transmission.  So, it just takes a few asymptomatics to start a whole new outbreak.

People keep using the word "open".  Another failure of the message from the leaders.  All people really want is a plan that they can understand.  Trump's pseudo science doesn't help at all.

Yes, I think the face masks and social distancing should be required by law.  No mask, no service.  Also think we need to start opening up in most regions.  Major cities definitely need to be more measured in opening up and use caution.  Smaller cities should open up, again, with mandatory PPE and distancing.

I think the whole testing thing is a stall tactic and a waste of time.  If you get tested, then get infected by an asymptomatic on the way home or in the following day or two, it does you no good.

Edited by motorman7

5 minutes ago, motorman7 said:

I think the whole testing thing is a stall tactic and a waste of time.  

It's testing and tracing that's the key.  And it's been shown to work in other more developed countries than ours, like South Korea.  That's what I mean by a plan.  The idea that people will be free to toss the social distancing guidelines is false.

But, I do agree on stalling.  But I think that it's political stalling.  There is only one singular goal at play here, and it doesn't involve a healthy American society.  We're all pawns.

The stalling will continue until the death numbers get mind-numbing,   At 50,000 deaths total, what's another 500 or 1000 per day?  2%?  Who cares!?  They're old!

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

It gets better...

The DHS’s Bryan is asked about the president’s suggestions that disinfectants be injected into a person.

“We don’t do that within our lab,” Bryan said.

“Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work,” Trump interjected — but disinfectants like isopropyl alcohol definitely has an effect on “stationary objects.”

Note: If you are not a stationary object and are, in fact, a person, please follow medical advice and do not inject disinfectant into your body

It staggers me to think what a monumental moron someone has to be to suggest this.  I applaud Bryan's restraint in his answer - he probably wanted to go into a two or three minute tirade about the defective brain that suggested such a thing.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

It staggers me to think what a monumental moron someone has to be to suggest this.  I applaud Bryan's restraint in his answer - he probably wanted to go into a two or three minute tirade about the defective brain that suggested such a thing.

And that's how Bullies maintain power. No one speaks up and the charade continues until one person points out the King has no clothes. A few "fake news" reporters are beginning to stand up to the Pres. and remind him of his selective memory. Dangerous territory for them until they succeed in showing everyone what he really is or rather he ends up showing everyone his true self. The last thing a narcissist wants is for everyone to see the real person behind the mask. If and when that happens he will shut himself off from his previous contacts and surroundings and lick his wounds, still believing that people are just too stupid to understand how great he is.

• Like 1