IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

4 hours ago, AK260 said:

This war the supermarket queue eater day. After 25 mins and no movement I gave up and left.

I went over to my local small supermarket (would that be a 'mini-market', or just a 'market'?) on Tuesday morning.  Arrived at 8:00AM for the seniors' hours (yes, I qualify -- and by a large margin, unfortunately).  The store management had decided that they could handle 30 people inside at a time without getting people too close to one another.  At 8:00AM (store opening time), the first 30 customers had already been let inside and I ended up at the back of a 15-person queue lined up outside.  The speed of the line was painfully slow.  Or so it seemed anyway.  It took well over 30 minutes before I got into the store, meaning that the line was advancing in increments of about 2 minutes. 

Next time, I'm going to arrive 15 minutes early so that I can be in the group of 30 who are allowed in en masse when the store opens at 8:00.

• Like 1

Here's the chart with today's numbers.  Not much different than yesterday as total was just slightly lower.  New York and New Jersey still have the lion's share of the the deaths with over 55% and both posted a slight uptick from yesterday.  Most other states were flat except for Illinois which posted a slight uptick.

chart3.JPG

Nice article. There's an assumption in that article that because similar viruses confer immunity after infection, that's also true with the CO-19 virus.  That appears to be a logical inference, but I'm no sure it is proven yet. 

Nice article. There's an assumption in that article that because similar viruses confer immunity after infection, that's also true with the CO-19 virus.  That appears to be a logical inference, but I'm no sure it is proven yet. 

No, remembering virus protein signatures is a feature of the immune system, not a characteristic of the virus.
  • Like 1

Here is the chart with yesterdays numbers.  Most states were pretty flat across the board except for Virginia, Maryland and Indiana which showed  significant upticks.   New Jersey had a significant drop and New York showed a slight drop which is the reason for the lower number of deaths for April 9th.    New York and New Jersey together still comprise over 50% of the daily deaths in the US.  Michigan seems to be flattening which is good.  California and Illinois were also flat.  This is the second day in a row that we have seen a reduction in total death for the day in US.  Let's hope we can keep that trend going.

chart4.jpg

chart4a.jpg

Won't be a surprise if there's another few outbreaks in the United States, especially in the areas that have been making it through with low numbers.  I just went shopping and it's still depressing how many people there are, young and old, who refuse to wear any type of face covering.  It must be vanity, I think.  Maybe combined with ignorance.  

The media has not done a very good of explaining how the big outbreaks like in New York, were started by one or just a few people.  Super-spreaders.  Who wandered around, sick, spreading the virus to other people who then also spread the virus.  Before the mitigation guidelines were broadcast.  I am fairly certain that many of the people I see understand how asymptomatic spread happens.  But just don't care.  They've traced the South Korea outbreak back to a single 61 year old woman who was sick but went to two big events.  

Here are three of the bigger broadcasters in the area and they don't really have much on masks.  Even though the CDC recommends them. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-26/how-one-patient-turned-korea-s-virus-outbreak-into-an-epidemic

https://www.king5.com/

https://komonews.com/

https://www.kiro7.com/

Xenophobia in China.... heel yes.

I was bringing two customers from Hong Kong into China in 2010.  They took us to 3 separate areas.  I got through (Canadian Passport), one customer  got through (American Passport), one was held behind (American Resident with Côte d'Ivoire).  I had to go back to help.  Even though we all had invitations and correct documents, he was not getting in.  Once I pulled out my Huawei ID, they immediately changed their minds and we all got through.

The poor Africans stuck in China ?