IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Coronavirus update from the SoCal Desert.........

Locally, 13 identified cases,

Three Coronavirus deaths as a result.

Schools closed until April 30th.

Palm Springs begins "Shelter in Place" tomorrow morning until April 3rd.  Only essential services open.

If anyone needs me, I'll be behind locked doors for the next couple weeks.

Send toilet paper.

Dennis

1 hour ago, psdenno said:

Palm Springs begins "Shelter in Place" tomorrow morning until April 3rd.  Only essential services open.

Send toilet paper.

Dennis

I am afraid we are going to see more of this...

8 hours ago, psdenno said:

Send toilet paper.

Dennis

Korea's excellent data shows ~ 1% death rate so 3 dead means ~ 300 with the virus even though the limited testing only tested 13 of the 300.

2 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

Amount infected is such a bull**** number, they won't even test here unless you have over a 101 fever and have shortness of breath/ trouble breathing.  

No sense in wasting hard to get test kits unless there are known symptoms.  Triage.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-united-states-deaths/index.html

You have to love the media.  Check out this statement in the article above..."and the death toll continues rising."  

Really!  When does that ever happen.   Personally, I will be a little more shocked when the death toll shrinks....People coming back to life would be pretty impressive.  I guess at that point, the Zombie apocalypse  is upon us.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

Amount infected is such a bull**** number, they won't even test here unless you have over a 101 fever and have shortness of breath/ trouble breathing.  

I just returned from Cuba to Canada. A passenger was removed from our flight upon arrival by paramedics. No disclosure of why. I was told to self isolate (by the Army) and sent home. I developed a cold two days later. Runny nose, minor sore throat and a light cough, no fever. I went back in to get tested and they told me I didn't meet the criteria for getting tested as I had no fever. So here I sit.

However.... The public health minister in Alberta self isolates herself because she has a "minor sore throat" no other symptoms, and is immediately tested and has results testing negative in 24 hours..... and is back to work the next day.

I guess some people are more special than others and that politicians can't be bothered with self isolation and missing work or social/family contact. While the rest of the population is forced to sweat out two weeks of isolation not knowing if they are infectious or not....

11 minutes ago, psdenno said:

No sense in wasting hard to get test kits unless there are known symptoms.  Triage.

Triage only applies when it is done fairly and evenly across all the spectrum of the population. Rich and famous people and politicians should not be getting preferential treatment...

• Like 1