IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Crozier.  It goes to the top.  The source.

"It isn’t clear what role Trump may have played in Crozier’s ouster. Modly told one colleague Wednesday, the day before he announced the move: “Breaking news: Trump wants him fired.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/04/trump-wants-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/

Here's a good article about the bigger picture.  How decisions are being affected.  It's well-referenced, full of links throughout.  The royal family.  It's actually scary to read, looking at who's actually running things over there, and how they got there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/jared-kushner-coronavirus-aid-trump-governors

I'm kind of a numbers guy so I was looking forward to checking the IHME web site to see what the latest projections were.  But they missed their last update date of yesterday April 4.  They took the notification about April 4's update off and changed it to a vague statement about collecting data.  I hate to imagine it but I'm guessing the latest projection was really bad, and/or, as it turns out, that the administration's Coronavirus team might have been using it to make ventilator requirement projections, since the data can be split out by state. From what I read.

Now, everyone is saying the the coming week is going to be really bad, death's wise.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/pearl-harbor-us-surgeon-general-coronavirus-deaths-donald-trump-white-house-briefing

Yesterday this page said that the next update would be April 4.  That message is gone and there's no new date set.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Take every effort possible to stay out of the hospital and don't send anyone else there.

Crozier.  It goes to the top.  The source.
"It isn’t clear what role Trump may have played in Crozier’s ouster. Modly told one colleague Wednesday, the day before he announced the move: “Breaking news: Trump wants him fired.”"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/04/trump-wants-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/

Gents, I have friends on the inside that works on the Armed Services Committee. This came from the top.
Moldy and Esper are just political hacks who want to keep their jobs.
I also know Brett very well. He’s not stupid or unaware of proper protocols. We don’t let guys command nuclear Aircraft Carriers that don’t understand the Chain of Command. I’ve worked by Brett for over a year in the desk next to his. We’ve flow together, him in a Hornet me in a Harrier. I know this guy. We’ve smoked cigars and drank beers together. I can promise you this was done by him because the leadership above him wasn’t doing anything and he finally realized his men were at grave risk and fell on his sword to save them. He’s a true man of honor.
You can support him by signing this petition.
BTW, he just tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.change.org/p/usn-istandwithcaptcrozier-captcrozier-cvn71-reinstate-captain-crozier-as-commanding-officer?cs_tk=Aj7Q-dz5-fPTPx3BjF4AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvBRuGaEZU5VbBOJfH1FFNJY%3D&utm_campaign=3a738dd5a7b04391b0d3a182df638f31&utm_content=initial_v0_0_1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=recruit_sign_digest&utm_term=cs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Went for a walk today with the kiddies - this is our busiest motorway in the UK that is aptly named as London’s 8 lane orbital car park on any day and has constant traffic 24/7. It seems people are heading the government’s advice!! Very surreal - it’s like one of those apocalyptic movies where the population of the earth has been deleted!

2f9e1a907aa273f7989f21d942d305c4.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

Gents, I have friends on the inside that works on the Armed Services Committee. This came from the top.
Moldy and Esper are just political hacks who want to keep their jobs.
I also know Brett very well. He’s not stupid or unaware of proper protocols. We don’t let guys command nuclear Aircraft Carriers that don’t understand the Chain of Command. I’ve worked by Brett for over a year in the desk next to his. We’ve flow together, him in a Hornet me in a Harrier. I know this guy. We’ve smoked cigars and drank beers together. I can promise you this was done by him because the leadership above him wasn’t doing anything and he finally realized his men were at grave risk and fell on his sword to save them. He’s a true man of honor.
You can support him by signing this petition.
BTW, he just tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.change.org/p/usn-istandwithcaptcrozier-captcrozier-cvn71-reinstate-captain-crozier-as-commanding-officer?cs_tk=Aj7Q-dz5-fPTPx3BjF4AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvBRuGaEZU5VbBOJfH1FFNJY%3D&utm_campaign=3a738dd5a7b04391b0d3a182df638f31&utm_content=initial_v0_0_1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=recruit_sign_digest&utm_term=cs

How are you John?

You can help me and some others with your experience. I don't know pollen OD from covid 19. Mowed grass Friday and woke up Saturday feeling like crap. Scared me!

Cliff

Interesting comparisons of two side-by-side states, one took early action, one didn't.  The comparison probably scales up to country-level.  Too late but worth considering for future decisions.  There will be a push to open things up early.  Click on the graphs, there are two.

How are you John?
You can help me and some others with your experience. I don't know pollen OD from covid 19. Mowed grass Friday and woke up Saturday feeling like crap. Scared me!
Cliff

Cliff,
I started feeling better this afternoon. I think I got some bad food when I was in Panama. I ate one meal in the hotel restaurant (only 18 people in entire hotel). I ordered grilled Sea Bass and started feeling bad the next day. I have allergies too. I’ve been sneezing pretty bad the past few days and there is yellow pollen all over our cars. I think the key is body temp, a dry cough, and body aches as some primary symptoms, not to mention the loss of taste and smell. Hopefully, you’ll feel better tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning, I read with concern the story of the tiger in the Bronx zoo having coronavirus, evidently contracted from a human zoo worker. That tiger is one of six showing symptoms. I don't know a darn thing about similarities between tiger and human physiology and health, other than we're both mammals., but if a disease crosses from human to animal, it's concerning and worth watching.

I've spoken with my sister Pamela Powell DVM about this, and she tells me veterinary circles have been watching it for a while and are paying attention to it. We agree that this falls in the area of "watch for future developments," not "immediate threat." Hopefully this and a few other similar crossover events are outliers, and hopefully there isn't enough going on to be a threat to anyone. Keep in mind that just as science is working on CO-19 immunization for humans, veterinary research will be working on vaccines for animals.

In other words, folks, DON'T start giving up your animals out of coronavirus fears. Remain calm, stay home, and take care of your loving animal friends.

CNN Story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

This morning, I read with concern the story of the tiger in the Bronx zoo having coronavirus, evidently contracted from a human zoo worker. That tiger is one of six showing symptoms. I don't know a darn thing about similarities between tiger and human physiology and health, other than we're both mammals., but if a disease crosses from human to animal, it's concerning and worth watching.

In other words, folks, DON'T start giving up your animals out of coronavirus fears. Remain calm, stay home, and take care of your loving animal friends.

The cause for concern is that if Coronavirus is cross-species, containing it just became fairly impossible.  

Dennis

Edited by psdenno