IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

The Navy just relieved my buddy who is the Captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he sounded the alarm when he had over 300 sailers positive for COVID-19. This pisses me off. I know no more capable guy to lead a Nuclear Aircraft Cartier. The Navy is always more worried about its image than it’s people. This is one of the reasons I retired. The more senior you get the more you have to kiss the ring. People are too afraid to speak truth to power because it would hurt their career. He did the right thing and they crapped on him.

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0OdhtrMT?pd=04Goq6lT&s=i4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry. They are in our prayers.... praying a lot lately.

Thank you sir! It hadn’t felt real until that happened. Difficult to appreciate the dangers when you are doing your bit by sitting at home - and then someone you know / knew goes through it and it hits home!!

35 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

The Navy just relieved my buddy who is the Captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he sounded the alarm when he had over 300 sailers positive for COVID-19. This pisses me off. 

If you step back and look at everything else going on you can see that the current administration is turning to full blame-defection mode.  Even at the state level.  The nursing home that had the first outbreak here in Washington state got a $611,000 fine for being out of compliance.  From an inspection, by federal regulators, after the fact.  Like people don't understand that inspections are supposed to prevent problems, not find grounds for punishment.

And listen to Trump talking about the state's lack of "stockpiles", and how the Feds are a "last resort" after state efforts fail.  Like FEMA does not have a responsibility there.

It's all back to politics. 

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/kirkland-nursing-home-fined-611000-over-deadly-coronavirus-outbreak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Emergency_Management_Agency

"The agency's primary purpose is to coordinate the response to a disaster that has occurred in the United States and that overwhelms the resources of local and state authorities.  The governor of the state in which the disaster occurs must declare a state of emergency and formally request from the president that FEMA and the federal government respond to the disaster. "

Edited by Zed Head

48 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

The Navy just relieved my buddy who is the Captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he sounded the alarm when he had over 300 sailers positive for COVID-19. This pisses me off. I know no more capable guy to lead a Nuclear Aircraft Cartier. The Navy is always more worried about its image than it’s people. This is one of the reasons I retired. The more senior you get the more you have to kiss the ring. People are too afraid to speak truth to power because it would hurt their career. He did the right thing and they crapped on him.

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0OdhtrMT?pd=04Goq6lT&s=i4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the first thing I thought when I saw a Captain of an aircraft carrier had made his letter public, the Navy is going to teach him a lesson and file him in some closet.  But he did the right thing and I'm sure he knew he was destroying his own career  but it certainly saved the lives of a lot of his men. Sounds like a good guy.

• Like 1

I didn't watch today's thing but I just came across a clip of Jared Kushner speaking.  I have to say, it sounds like everything that Cuomo talks about in his briefings, just condensed.  Cuomo's been talking about data-driven decisions since the beginning.

The proof will be in the decisions and the results.  Make things happen.

Kushner's the second one.

You can bet that consistent effort will go into blaming everyone and anyone outside the administration. You have to be blind not to realize that Trump never, ever admits a mistake or takes responsibility for anything. This crisis makes that pattern even more evident. And the Captain being relieved is a betrayal of the military. He had a crisis on board and put his sailors first.

15 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

You can bet that consistent effort will go into blaming everyone and anyone outside the administration. You have to be blind not to realize that Trump never, ever admits a mistake or takes responsibility for anything. This crisis makes that pattern even more evident. And the Captain being relieved is a betrayal of the military. He had a crisis on board and put his sailors first.

The bigger problem is how many people has he gotten to line up behind him.  It's incredible.  Everybody knew that Trump was a con-man and a liar, from before he was elected.  Everyone was shocked when he actually got elected.  But nobody expected so many people to fall in line with him, and basically become like him.

I imagine that he has some sort of power, the ability to just talk his way in to people's heads until they give in.  The ones that have resistance get pushed out and the rest just become zombies.

11 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I imagine that he has some sort of power, the ability to just talk his way in to people's heads until they give in.  The ones that have resistance get pushed out and the rest just become zombies.

That's what I consider bullying.  I have to deal with it almost everyday and it's exhausting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That's what I consider bullying.  I have to deal with it almost everyday and it's exhausting.

I think a lot of it is simply that he is relentless and doesn't care what anyone else feels. With him it's a total power trip and he's never wrong. Either agree with him or hit the road. He must drive Dr. Fauci insane, but kudos to Fauci for sticking around so he can help people. We need him to tell us the truth even if the orange one is standing next to him.