IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Trump is talking now and it seems like the new focus is talking about the private companies that are making products.  One is the unproven therapeutics.  Sandoz and others.  Ford, General Electric Healthcare, General Motors, Honeywell, Jockey, the MyPillow guy, Proctor & Gamble,  Bringing the company presidents up to speak.  The MyPillow guy is the first speaker.  He sounds just like his commercials.  CRAZY!

Lots of praising of each other.  President thanks the FDA, FDA thanks the President.  The FDA is now making approvals based on the President's requests.  Not their own expertise.

All of the companies making ventilators will be sending them to foreign companies.  It's a business venture.  Not much mention of the States.  Lots of focus on sending medical equipment to Italy.

I've realized that Trump is just a really weird dude.  Forget about his motives, he's just a strange strange person.

• Like 1

Never mind.  Too touchy.

It's only Monday...

Trump just got trolled by a reporter's question and he fell for it.  Could not resist.  Took the bait, hook, line and sinker.  Now he's off on a rant about stolen masks.  Trump is showing that he doesn't know what "per capita" means.

Edited by Zed Head

What I've learned recently is that the aerosol transmission path might be more important than thought.  "They" are talking about everybody wearing masks.  So, if you want to be extra careful, don't breath heavily in the presence of other people.  The people in that story above were just singing, so they were exhaling and inhaling deeply.  Doesn't have to be a cough or sneeze.

Also, the loss of the ability to smell and taste is a sign that you've been infected.

Never mind.  Too touchy.
It's only Monday...
Trump just got trolled by a reporter's question and he fell for it.  Could not resist.  Took the bait, hook, line and sinker.  Now he's off on a rant about stolen masks.  Trump is showing that he doesn't know what "per capita" means.

I saw that, wasn’t sure what he was trying to say. Comparing via per capita is a somewhat unfair comparison. South Korea is the size of Indiana and the population is mostly in 2 cities. Seoul and Pohang, you can drive between them in hours. Don’t get me wrong they did a great job testing and getting ahead of this, way better than us. We have a vast nation but still we dropped the ball. It was a loaded question. If you had a county the size of Luxembourg it’s easy to make a per capita argument. We have 338,000,000 people, with people in every corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe those stark conversations with the smarter people turned him? Something's changed since yesterday. Possibly it's hit him personally? Who knows.

It sure has for me. A week off work drinking beer was fun but this is bad and going South fast.

Cliff, I hope you’re wrong but I’m afraid you’re right. There is a strange feeling in the air. You all need to be ready for the worst. Think about your family’s security and being hunkered down big time. This virus is so easily spread and healthy people are dying in days, not weeks. We need a vaccine fast or else it will be ugly and will for sure impact people you love and care about. I’m not even talking about the economic disaster we have to dig out of. It’s not gonna be a fun summer.

BTW, I don’t believe the warmer weather is going to make a difference. It’s 80deg here. My first trip- 1 case first week of March. Second week here 40 cases. Today - 1,000 cases and 38 dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

It was a loaded question. If you had a county the size of Luxembourg it’s easy to make a per capita argument.

Some reporters are still trying to get him to admit his exaggerations.  "More tests than any country".  It's just a waste of time. 

But, I think that he really might not even understand what "per capita" means.  He had an easy clear answer, along your lines, about testing in the hotspots at a high rate.  It would have been a good reasonable answer.  But he fumbled on even saying the term "per capita".  I don't think that he understands.

Anyway.  They're trying to change the man.  He's in his 70's.  Not going to happen.

• Like 2