IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

You have a valid point.  I've already edited the one post of mine that was "too much" so to speak, but that was 5 minutes after I posted it. And, as someone has already pointed out, this is no different than the Boobs thread.  Nobody has to read the posts or reply.  

We're all adults.  The politics have already been played out anyway, they're very clear.  The use of the "Guidelines" seems a little disingenuous.  I don't think that AV8, or anyone, needs protection.

Good luck.  Let's get back to COVID-19, and what to do about it. 

My little town is really shut-down.  People have apparently realized the seriousness.  The downside is that everyone seem so sad.  Not a smile anywhere, even avoiding eye contact.  Like we're all diseased.

p.s. I just remembered that I started this thread because the topic was filling up AV8's Hitachi thread.  Sorry that people's opinions have diverged since then but that's life...

Edited by Zed Head

Even though every member of this forum agreed to keep politics on the shelf, I believe this one thread is actually therapeutic in a way.  These are extraordinary times and this thread is sort of acting like a pressure relief valve I think, better to tap out a paragraph here then grow an ulcer while in isolation.  Besides, there are some very insightful and objective opinions on this thread, objectivity is the first thing to fly out the window when fear sets in.

Peace and good health brothers.

• Like 4

This article, below, is interesting, and at first glance it seems political.  But it's not about sides, it's about process.  There are still problems ahead for the big $2T bill.  It might get delayed even longer.  Sorry, but this might be ulcerative.

The big bill has passed the Senate.  Now the House has to vote on it.  But, apparently, a very few individuals, on both sides, want to have their votes recorded.  So they might delay passage by calling for a roll call.  Which would mean many of these older in-danger Representatives would have to travel to Washington to place their vote.  

There is also interesting info about the bill itself in the article.  Like the fact that  localities with fewer than 500,000 people will not get any money.  I'm not even sure really what that means.  Apparently if you live in a small community that's labeled that way you are on your own, no money. 

And, also, one Representative has been hospitalized with COVID-19.  They need to get things done.

Apologies for not sticking rigorously to COVID-19.  This seems worth sharing though.  I have learned more about the political process in the USA in the last two years than I ever wanted to know.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/nancy-pelosi-coronavirus-package-150815

Bill Gates is talking on CNN.  Seems rational.  Good to see the billionaires getting involved.  Although, why didn't he do something sooner?

Here's their Foundation page.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/TheOptimist/coronavirus

https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/How-to-respond-to-COVID-19

Edited by Zed Head

IMHO, trying to keep politics out of a Covid 19 discussion is like having a conversation about West coast Datsun shops and not mention the business name, of a particular California Datsun shop who has done a lot of questionable work in the past and is still in business.

• Haha 1

After some of the more recent comments, I too want to be apart of this discussion. This is a unique window into the happenings both nationally and globally WRT this pandemic. I did not want to go down the political rabbit hole and tried to emphasize early on that this isn’t a political issue. It Is a heath issue highly I mpacted by politically decisions. I want to try and strip the political leanings away from the topic but I too allowed myself to slowly
Indulge in those discussions.
So, this situation seems to slowing be getting worse. NY is on the ropes and not really slowing much.
Here are the challenges I’m personally facing and would love to hear what you all are dealing with.
My wife is a medical provider, I’m terrified about her working with patients. I have 3 kids all under 12, school is closed UFN. My work schedule is such that I cannot get out of these trips unless I call is sick which I will not do, unless I’m legitimately ill. Cargo is critical to our national supply of needed goods and we are super busy. It’s all hands on deck at work. I have to go and re-expose myself to people at airports, hotels and taxis!l. I’m not thrilled about it! I’m thinking of all the mitigation measures I can take not to bring something home to my family.
I began planning for the worst case in Mid-Jan. I went out and bought N95 masks before 99% of the population knew what they were. I have about 20. I may donate all but a couple to the local hospital. I need a couple for work. I’m happy to mail anyone that doesn’t have one and needs it for their job or necessary activity. Let me know. If we have people financially on the edge. Car or house payment maybe we can start some sort donation pool to those in most need here. Don’t know how that would look or be managed but just a thought. This goes back to my comment about influencing your circle. People in here are in my pseudo-circle.
I’ve done my best to self-isolate, and ask my neighbors if they need anything. All I can do is keep my family safe by keeping them home as much as possible. Kids are learning new skills everyday. Haven’t touched my engine rebuild since this really popped and my kids we removed from school. I’m spending about 2 hrs a day conducting classes with my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

My wife is a medical provider, I’m terrified about her working with patients.

I have to go and re-expose myself to people at airports, hotels and taxis!

That's why I tried to get you today. I'm worried about you.

I know you're super busy, but give me a ring when you get a chance. How much time do they give you between classes?

This video is uplifting, at 27:50, and 23:00.  It's Cuomo, but it's just his personal opinion.  The web site is the one that I found when i searched his name and the briefing date.  I saw it this morning.  He has daughters.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/videos/news/politics/albany/2020/03/26/coronavirus-new-york-gov-andrew-cuomos-march-26-briefing/2917523001/

That's why I tried to get you today. I'm worried about you.
I know you're super busy, but give me a ring when you get a chance. How much time do they give you between classes?

Thanks CO. I didn’t see you call. I was up at 4am last night wondering and worrying about my trip starting Sunday night. I have 5 flights over a 3 day period. We don’t have child care and don’t want to bring someone into the house at this time. My oldest is 12, he’s responsible but there concerns leaving them all alone in the house (clash of the titans). My wife, is on the hook for all urgent medical procedures, so she never knows how the days will pan out. We had a difficult conversation 3 or 4 days ago that we needed a family plan if one of us gets sick, we are both at elevated risk due to our jobs.
We have two pilots that tested positive already and seeing how this virus spreads so rapidly I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was actually 15-20 or more. We share the same aircraft, break rooms, computers, and crew buses.
Yep...I’m concerned.
I can only take about 40 mins of the kids complaining about learning before we head to the culdesac to ride skateboards. Now they want me to build a ramp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1