IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

More defeatism.  You can't rationalize this one away.  You should just stay home on election day.
And you should stop thinking of the position and think of the man.  Trump is a con man.  He has you under his spell.  Get a real "POTUS" in the position, not this fake.

So be it. Labeling me something doesn’t bother me. My wife calls me worse.
You’re missing the point. He’s the president and calling the shots...nothing you say changes this.
Praising the accolades of what the other party might have done doesn’t solve the current crisis, or hating on Trump. Your home is on fire, yelling at the guy holding the hose wrong or telling him you’re not voting for the same fire chief next time doesn’t help you put the fire out. Focus on getting a solution now. You are allowing your self to focus on things that do nothing! How about offering solutions vice throwing arrows that do nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's well established that the administration did all it could to deny there was a problem, and their avoidance cost us time and reduced our preparedness.

My concern at this point is that IMPOTUS (to be accurate) will try to dump the health care measures too early in order to make the economy look better and get re-elected, since he is is own highest priority. To the extent that he succeeds, the curve of the outbreak will not be reduced, and more people will die unnecessarily. I may be wrong, but this looks quite obvious.

My thought is that governors who have taken action will continue to support "shelter in place" after IMPOTUS tries to shut it down, which will somewhat mitigate the infection and death count in the states where the lockdown continues. 

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

You’re missing the point. He’s the president and calling the shots...nothing you say changes this.

(Edited - not right).  The military view.  You don't have to support the commands though.  You're a private citizen now. You're free, you don't have to follow, let alone support him blindly.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

It's been ten minutes of the "town hall" and Trump has already said nothing new.  He has boiled it down to "you won't be able to shake hands for a while".  I'm not kidding.

Now he's talking about how great things were before the virus.  It's must watch.  Watch just ten minutes and come back to support 4 more years of this guy.  Just ten minutes.  The "ten minutes of Trump" challenge.

Edited by Zed Head

Florida is one of those places elderly go to retire.  De Santis is trying the herd immunity approach down there.  Who knows, maybe it's the way to do things.  Might be time for that cross-country trip @Dave WM

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/03/24/dumbest-s-desantis-takes-heat-as-he-goes-his-own-way-on-coronavirus-1268818

we used to have chicken pox parties back in the 50's and 60's when I was a kid. the idea was every kid around would get sick all at once so as not to have a constant stream of sickness. I am not clear on how deadly the cov-19 is, but if it truly is only a real danger to a well defined group (old/sick) then perhaps an argument could be made to hole up all of them for a month, if not working all the better, let the rest of the population go about its life since it seems this virus is bound to infect the world soon enough, everyone get it, gets over it, then release the defined group back. Just a thought, no science no politics, just wondering out loud if this has been discussed by the ones that know the details.

• Like 1

The Service center where Kathy and I volunteer has done that. All the elderly (God, how I hate that word) volunteers are to stay home until further notice. The Center is now temporarily staffed by younger folks who are out of work. I'd like to thank all those younger volunteers out there who are taking a bullet for us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

All the elderly (God, how I hate that word)

I know someone who was using the term "older ones".  Like "if any of the older ones need assistance please let us know".  "We have to be careful, for the older ones".

19 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

hole up all of them for a month, if not working all the better, let the rest of the population go about its life

What will you do if they try to make you "hole up" while everyone else gets to run free?  You're probably in the high risk group, it could happen.