IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

19 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

"We can't let the cure be more harmful than the problem" say the economy experts.

they've never seen the horrific effects chemotherapy does/did to cancer patients. 

Most say the solution has to balance:

1. Keeping most people alive.

2. Keeping economy alive.

3. Not overburdening the health care system.

Taiwan is the only country that seems to have been prepared and got it right.

• Like 1

WH press conference ni 10 minutes supposedly.  Probably talk about executive order to stop gouging.  Which probably won't be enforced.

AG Barr will be at the briefing.  What would the Justice Department's role be?  Proclaiming the Constitution invalid and crowning a King?

Edited by Zed Head

So far in these press conferences all I've seen is our Fearless Leader pat himself on the back. Then others take the mic and pat him on the back, which is followed by  patting their own backs, Dr. Fauci excluded. The only part of this trif?cta I find enjoyable is the "nasty questions" time. The lack of answers to the questions is appalling.

4 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Kind of pointless.  Look inward (or southward for you).  The US passes itself off as the world's super-power and savior.  Look at us now.

Narcissism can control a group as well as an individual. The world is full of group egos. Tribalism, cults, some patriotism, some religions, the list is endless. They're all rooted in group survival but if and when the group breaks down, it's like the last lap of a good race, there are no teammates, it's everyman for himself.

• Like 1

I went today and bought the last thing I think I need to stay home and make progress on the Z's paint job. So i should be good to go for a few weeks now. My wife's company has just been declared essential...

Good and bad to that:

Good: She'll still get a good paycheck

Bad: no time off and out and about where she could get exposed

• Like 1

Press conference about to start.  Sad-sack Barr is moping around already.

It's on...

He finally stopped with "Chinese" virus.  Just said the virus.

73 "pallets" of supplies to NY.  

Trump is recommending his own cures for "the virus".  He really thinks that he knows medicine.  Telling story of one guy who didn't die.  He took the drug, didn't die, woke up and felt good.  Chloroquine for everyone!  Gift from god!  Big game changer!

He's thanking Bolsonaro.  See previous post about Brazil.

Trump tries to pronounce the word scourge.  Skorj.

Barr speaks.  Hoarding and price-gouging.  Boring...

Deborah Birx has drank the Koolaid.  Downplaying the severity of the virus.  Young people will be okay!  Only old people die.  Over 50.  She actually said "I think that this is reassuring to all of us".  I think that she's about 65.

DIY testing is coming!  Yay.

She's implying that NY is a special case.  Downplay....

Pence.

New FEMA guy.  Still sounds not like a guy who knows what he's doing.  Explaining too-little-too-late principle, indirectly.

Questions...  Trump says words to soothe the stock market.  The country will be "open" again soon.  It's not working. 

Talking about states as countries.  The country of Iowa.

Birx sounded reasonable but she's still being bent to Trump's will.  Sad.  She is basically saying that each hot spot will last eight weeks.  And we might have to isolate old people.

Trump compares the virus to the flu.  We've circled back around to "it's just the flu"..  Who knows.

Idiot reporter still focused on why Rand Paul got a test.  He's a Senator.

Trump talks about himself...

Trump goes in to simpleton mode.  Trying to explain complex issues with a tiny tool box.   Seriously, he can't really form a complete  thought and explain it.

The talking heads have taken over.  Summary - Trump will be "reopening" things in a week or two.  Not clear what, exactly, he would reopen.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1