IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Ps. Forget the Zombie apocalyptic views of empty super markets and the hospital videos - just wait until broadband services / WiFi / 4G go down!!!!!! People will really turn at that point!

On the upside of all of this, not a single contrail in the sky and the air in our local town (which is already in the countryside) is soooooo much cleaner due to lack of school runs and car traffic. Clearly this isn’t sustainable but it does show how desperately we need to lose the ICE for daily use - even if the pollution is just as bad and more localised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK260 said:

Ps. Forget the Zombie apocalyptic views of empty super markets and the hospital videos - just wait until broadband services / WiFi / 4G go down!!!!!! People will really turn at that point!

On the upside of all of this, not a single contrail in the sky and the air in our local town (which is already in the countryside) is soooooo much cleaner due to lack of school runs and car traffic. Clearly this isn’t sustainable but it does show how desperately we need to lose the ICE for daily use - even if the pollution is just as bad and more localised.

Another plus, salvage yards down here are still open.

Real easy to remain socially distant whilst pulling parts!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I believe people can be altruistic...many people can act unselfishly but the majority of humanity will chose self over others when a choice has to be made. Its easy to be altruistic when you are wealthy. 

Empathy means that you feel what the other person is feeling.

Sympathy means you can understand what a person is feeling.

Compassion is the willingness to relieve the suffering of another.

People can be altruistic but it's not easy for the wealthy to be altruistic. The people who have amassed fortunes, large and small, have gotten it because of their feeling of superiority, greed and narcissism. Narcissists will only help someone if they perceive they'll be getting something for their trouble. The deeper into the Narcissism spectrum one goes, the less compassion one has for others.

Kathy and I have worked with the needy and homeless for the last three years. I've seen far more compassion among the homeless and needy than any other group of people in my 71 years. Sharing essentials, food, shelter, clothing, drugs (good and bad) and money is a way of life for these people because they truly care about their fellow human beings who have less than them.  I don't see this behavior in the rich people. If they give someone something it will only be a miniscule portion of their wealth and they'll expect something back in return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

This is sad. Italy is no longer treating patients with Covid-19 over due the age of 60.

https://m.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would mean I would be dead man walking as its put. I am in that category. 

I may have to plan a Z parts selloff exit strategy. ?

Kind of humorous.  Calling an ophthalmologist a medical doctor.  No offense to the eye doctors.   "How could a medical doctor be so ignorant?", they say.

The conversations are about Senator Rand Paul, an ophthalmologist when he's not causing havoc in DC.  Spreading the virus around the Senate gym while he thought he might have it.

Here's something on the role of big government, and price "gouging".  With no oversight, the "free" market automatically diverts resources to the "rich".  The people with the most money.  It's how the machine works, like an engine with no governor.  

On Monday, New York governor Andrew Cuomo said the scramble to supply health workers with more equipment has lead to a state-against-state bidding war, and reiterating his call for the Trump administration to nationalize the production of medical equipment.
Before the pandemic hit, Cuomo said New York state paid $0.85 per respirator mask, but the cost was now $7. And that is why he wants the federal government involved.
“Order the production of masks and gowns and ventilators,” from private industry, Cuomo said. “Give them a deadline, don’t get into this mad bidding war… The president can do this.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Kind of humorous.  Calling an ophthalmologist a medical doctor.  No offense to the eye doctors.   "How could a medical doctor be so ignorant?", they say.

The conversations are about Senator Rand Paul, an ophthalmologist when he's not causing havoc in DC.  Spreading the virus around the Senate gym while he thought he might have it.

Perfect illustration of his namesakes selfish and self centered philosophy.

• Like 1

This whole thing is playing out about like Katrina (New Orleans) and Maria (Puerto Rico).  Except the players are much more powerful.  New York and California, to start.  Unexpected consequences expected for the future.