IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

3 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

Who is gloating?

You are, all I did is quote what you said, read it again, your the one enjoying others pain and fear.

4 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

I would still have to be a born coward to be afraid of something as inevitable as death.

Then why prep? 

Your cowardice is none of my concern, but your self righteous smugness is.  In a crisis situation it's never a good idea to try and infect others with your cynicism.  I hope you're the last one standing, you can pat yourself back.

Doubles every 6 days.

It is going to be very bad for North America...perhaps worse than Italy:

• Low supply of test kits (do not know who is spreading it)
  • low supply of PPE (front line medical workers will be sick in first days then no one to help victims)
  • squandered longest preparatory period (we had several months to prepare)

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

@grannyknot as if I needed more reasons to like you. If we both make it through this, I need to get back up there to spend some more time together.

Thanks Bruce,  that's very kind of you. Hey we're all off for a month or so, come on up and we can work the bugs out of the new and improved ///MZ  343hp!  Sounds like an essential service to me.?

I was reading on the BBC last night that England is asking 65,000 retired nurses and doctors to come back to work. :confused:

Aren't they in the most vulnerable category? That's a big ask.

31 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

You are, all I did is quote what you said, read it again, your the one enjoying others pain and fear.

Then why prep? 

Your cowardice is none of my concern, but your self righteous smugness is.  In a crisis situation it's never a good idea to try and infect others with your cynicism.  I hope you're the last one standing, you can pat yourself back.

Show me any enjoyment in my words, that is your interpretation.

It's more like relief.

Self righteous? Please show me evidence.

Are you aware that written word has no tone or subtext?

It's all in your head.

I prep because I love life.

You are showing me what is really inside you with all the projection on to me.

You are scared and you know what, it's okay everyone is.

Edited by dhp123166

19 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

Show me any enjoyment in my words, that is your interpretation.

It's more like relief.

Self righteous? Please show me evidence.

Are you aware that written word has no tone or subtext?

It's all in your head.

I prep because I love life.

You are showing me what is really inside you with all the projection on to me.

You are scared and you know what, it's okay everyone is.

I did not read his earlier post and interpret gloating or any other negative intent.

It is one of the weaknesses of the forum, there is no emotion in the written word and it is easy to misinterpret the writers intent. I took it more as a musing than gloating

• Like 1

Just now, Patcon said:

I did not read his earlier post and interpret gloating or any other negative intent.

It is one of the weaknesses of the forum, there is no emotion in the written word and it is easy to misinterpret the writers intent. I took it more as a musing than gloatingu

I myself prepare because I like to be prepared. I carry a leather man, a knife and a flashlight becase I like to be prepared. I worry about the overall impact on others especially people who can't afford to be sitting at home without pay. Even so, I try to be prepared for the benefit of my family and my neighbors...

9 minutes ago, Patcon said:

It is one of the weaknesses of the forum, there is no emotion in the written word and it is easy to misinterpret the writers intent. I took it more as a musing than gloating

Exactly, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I myself prepare because I like to be prepared. I carry a leather man, a knife and a flashlight becase I like to be prepared. I worry about the overall impact on others especially people who can't afford to be sitting at home without pay. Even so, I try to be prepared for the benefit of my family and my neighbors...

Bad times can bring out the good in people.

That is a good article.  Not much actionable in it, but good reading.  I think that he overstates "hysteria".  It's the chicken/egg thing.  If the media reports hysteria, is it media hysteria or real hysteria?  I don't really get a feeling of public hysteria from what I've seen.  Just a lack of useful information to guide people.

The empty shelves have all filled back up. I just went shopping this morning, just to get ahead of a possible state-wide shutdown.  Got everything I expected.  No problems.

We just need some good foresight and direction from the people that run the show.  The government.  As he states at the end, we need to remember how this whole mess was allowed to develop.  Listening to 50 different leaders and trying to figure out who to believe doesn't instill much confidence.  

Thanks for posting that..  I haven't read a Tyler Durden article in years.

• Like 1